NEW IN CONTINUUM 2021, The BCC+ Bleach Bypass filter applies a film laboratory technique where, by skipping the bleach stage in the color processing sequence, silver is retained in the image along with the color dyes. The result is effectively a black and white image superimposed on a color image. Bleach Bypass images have increased contrast, reduced saturation, often giving a pastel effect.
Presets and the FX Editor
To select from a selection of factory installed and user-generated presets, open the FX Editor interface and pick one from the Presets window.
Amount: Controls the strength of the Bleach Bypass filter.
Saturation: Adjusts the saturation of the image. Positive values saturate, negative values desaturate.
Contrast: Adjusts the contrast of the image. Positive values increase contrast, negative values decrease contrast.
Temperature: Sets the color temperature of the image. Dragging the slider to the right makes the image cooler (bluer) and dragging the slider to the left makes the image warmer (redder).
PixelChooser:The BCC PixelChooser provides simple, built-in masking of the effect result. The PixelChooser is generally used to select a portion of the image and restrict an effect to just the selected area while maintaining the original image content in unselected regions. The selection can be based on geometric shapes or on the image’s luma/color properties.
For more information on the PixelChooser, Click Here.
Working with The Filter
- Apply BCC+ Bleach Bypass from the BCC Film Style unit category.
- Click the BCC FX Editor button from the Effects and Presets banner.The FX Editor user interface opens and consists of Presets, Parameters and Viewer windows.
- Try out some of the presets. At the top left of the Presets window, the presets are categorized into various groups located inside a pop-up menu.
- In the Presets window, choose a new preset group from the pop-up menu to see a different set of filter presets.
- Use the Amount slider to control the strength of the Bleach Bypass filter.
- Saturation, Contrast and Temperature sliders are provided for additional enhancement.
- Click the Apply button to return to the host application.
The values of the parameter adjustments in the FX Editor user interface are transferred to your host application.