NEW IN CONTINUUM 2021, The BCC+ Skin Tone filter provides a set of colorization filters to enhance skin tones.
Presets and the FX Editor
To select from a selection of factory installed and user-generated presets, open the FX Editor interface and pick one from the Presets window.
Color: The Color parameter sets the color through the use of a standard color picker.
Opacity: Sets the opacity of the color filter.
Preserve Highlights: Preserves the white areas of the image.
Exposure Compensation: Exposure Compensation adds back the brightness loss as a result of the filter application.
The Skin Tone filters can optionally use a gradient that limits where the filter is applied. Grad is the transition area between the colored portion and the original image. Its direction, corners and size can be adjusted.
Type: Controls the direction of the gradient
- Top-to-bottom: The direction of the gradient is from top to bottom.
- Bottom-to-top: The direction of the gradient is from bottom to top.
- Left-to-right: The direction of the gradient is from left to right.
- Right-to-left: The direction of the gradient is from right to left.
- Horizontal Strip: Horizontal strip gradient gradient
- Vertical Strip: Vertical stripgradient grad.
Size: Adjusts the overall size of the gradient.
Angle: Adjusts the angle of the gradient
The grad can also be corner pinned by adjusting the Corner Pin sliders as well as dragging the four points on the corners of the screen.
Note: You may need to zoom the image out a bit to see the corner points. In addition, to see and adjust the corner points in After Effects, make sure that the effect title in the Effect Controls window is highlighted. For Final Cut Pro, you must activate the cross hair icon next to the corner position parameters to see and adjust the corner points on the screen.
- Upper-Left: Controls the X and Y position of the Upper Left Point.
- Upper-Right: Controls the X and Y position of the Upper Right Point.
- Lower-Right: Controls the X and Y position of the Lower Right Point.
- Lower-Left: Controls the X and Y position of the Lower Left Point.
Working with The Filter
- Apply BCC+ Skin Tone from the Grads and Tint unit.
- Click the BCC FX Editor button. The FX Editor user interface opens and consists of Presets, Parameters and Viewer windows.
- Try out some of the presets.
- Adjust the Color > Opacity, Preserve Highlights and Exposure Compensation sliders to your liking.The selected color can be applied through a gradient creating a graduated transition between the colored portion and the original image.
- Click on the Grad > Enable checkbox to activate the Grad.
- Adjust the Grad > Type, Corner Points, Size and Angle.To adjust the Corner Points, just click and drag them to the desired location.
- Click the Apply button to return to the host application.
The values of the parameter adjustments in the FX Editor user interface are transferred to your host application.