NEW TO CONTINUUM 2021, the BCC+ Black and White filter converts color images to black and white simulating the look of Black and White photographic filters.
Presets and the FX Editor
To select from a selection of factory installed and user-generated presets, open the FX Editor interface and pick one from the Presets window.
Filter: The Filter pop-up selects the type of black and white filter to be applied to your color image.
- Normal: Converts the color image to a monochrome image.
- Red: Simulates a red filter in black and white photography.
- Green: Simulates a green filter in black and white photography.
- Blue: Simulates a blue filter in black and white photography.
- Yellow: Simulates a yellow filter in black and white photography.
- Orange: Simulates an orange filter in black and white photography.
Brightness: Adjusts the brightness of the image. Positive values brighten, negative values darken.
Contrast: Adjusts the contrast of the image. Positive values increase contrast, negative values decrease contrast.
Gamma: Adjusts the gamma of the image. The gamma adjustment leaves the white and black points the same and only modifies the values in-between. Positive values lighten the midtones, negative values darken the midtones.
Working with The Filter
- Apply BCC+ Black and White from the BCC Color and Tone unit category.
- Click the BCC FX Editor button from the Effects and Presets banner. The FX Editor user interface opens and consists of Presets, Parameters and Viewer windows.
- Try out some of the presets.
- From the Filter pop-up, select the type of black and white filter to be applied to your color image.Your choice of filter can dramatically change the black and white result.
- Use the Brightness, Contrast and Gamma controls to further adjust the image.
- Click the Done icon to return to the host application.
The values of the parameter adjustments in the FX Editor user interface are transferred to your host application.