NEW IN CONTINUUM 2021, the BCC+ Ambient Light filter creates light without a defined source and contributes to the overall brightness of a scene without casting shadows.
Presets and the FX Editor
To select from a selection of factory installed and user-generated presets, open the BCC+ FX Editor interface and pick one from the Presets window.
Brightness: Sets the intensity of the light.
Gels: Photographers, cinematographers and lighting designers use colored filters or gels in front of lights. Whatever mood you wish to create, we have the colors needed to achieve the effect. Select one of the Gels presets from the pop-up menu.
Color: Sets the color of the light through the use of a standard color picker.
PixelChooser:The BCC PixelChooser provides simple, built-in masking of the effect result. The PixelChooser is generally used to select a portion of the image and restrict an effect to just the selected area while maintaining the original image content in unselected regions. The selection can be based on geometric shapes or on the image’s luma/color properties.
For more information on the PixelChooser, Click Here.
Working with The Filter
- Apply Ambient Light from the BCC Lights Unit category.
- Click on the FX Editor button.The FX Editor user interface opens and consists of Presets, Parameters and Viewer windows.
- Try out some of the presets.
- Adjust the Brightness to set the intensity of the ambient light.
- To apply a custom light color to the image, click on the Color box and select a color.
- To apply a colored gel to the light, select one from the Gels pop-up menu.
- Click the Apply button to return to the host application.
The values of the parameter adjustments in the FX Editor user interface are transferred to your host application.