NEW IN CONTINUUM 2021, the BCC+ Key Light filter allows you to
relight an image with either a directional or point light.
Before and After
Presets and the FX Editor
The FX Editor provides a convenient way to store and retrieve factory installed and/or user generated filter presets. To select a preset, open the FX Editor interface and pick one from the Presets panel. Click the apply button in the FX Editor to return to the host user interface.
To save a custom preset, click the “Create Custom Preset” icon in the top right corner of the parameter list, next to the filter name, set a name for the new custom preset in the dialog that appears and click done.
Type: Select the type of light you wish to use.
- Parallel: A directional light source.
- Point: A point light where the light either emanates from or fades into a vanishing point. Move the point control in the center of the screen to change the Point light location.
Strength: Sets the strength of the light.
Angle: Used in conjunction with Parallel, Angle sets the direction of the light source.
Invert: Used in conjunction with Point, Invert determines whether the light source emanates from or fades into a vanishing point.
PixelChooser: The BCC PixelChooser provides a way for the user to select which pixels in the filtered source are actually going to be affected by the filter, via the generation of image based mattes, gradient mattes and vector shape masks. Mocha planar tracking and vector shape masking options are included in the PixelChooser, which allows for the generation of motion-tracked mask shapes as a hold-back mask.
For more information on the PixelChooser, Click Here.
Working with The Filter
- Apply BCC+ Key Light from the BCC Lights unit.
- Parallel is the default light source type and creates a directional light source.
- Adjust the Angle to change the direction of the light source.
- Set the Strength slider for the desired light intensity.
- Switch the Type to Point.A point light is used where the light either emanates from or fades into a vanishing point depending on the state of the Invert control.
- Move the point control in the center of the screen to change the Point light location.Note:For Final Cut Pro, you must activate the cross hair icon next to the Position parameter to move the Point light location.
- Activate Invert and the light source will fade into a vanishing point.
- Set the Strength slider.
- Click the Apply button to return to the host application.
The values of the parameter adjustments in the FX Editor user interface are transferred to your host application.