NEW IN CONTINUUM 2021, the BCC+ Radial Exposure filter lightens and/or darkens the center or edges of an image to correct lens vignetting.
Presets and the FX Editor
To select from a selection of factory installed and user-generated presets, open the FX Editor interface and pick one from the Presets window.
- Edges: Lightens or darkens the edges of the image.
- Center: Lightens or darkens the center of the image.
A radial gradient is used to lighten or darken the edges or center of the image.
- Position: There is an on-screen control in the center of the image. By clicking and dragging the on-screen control, the position of the spot can be adjusted.
- Position X: The horizontal position of the spot.
- Position Y: The vertical position of the spot.
- Note: In some host programs, you must highlight the effect title in the Effect Controls window to see the on-screen controls.
- Aspect: The aspect ratio of the spot.
- Radius: The un-blurred radius of the spot.
- Falloff Radius: The blurred edge radius.
- Falloff: Moves the falloff towards the spot center point.
- Invert: Inverts the spot.
Working with The Filter
- Apply BCC+ Radial Exposure from the BCC Lens unit.
- Adjust the Exposure > Edges or Center parameters.The radial gradient used to lighten or darken the edges or center of the image can be adjusted to suit your image.
- Adjust the Spot > Position, Radius, Falloff Radius and Falloff.
- If you are curious, you can see what the Spot looks like by changing your View to Spot. Change your View to Output when done.