NEW IN CONTINUUM 2021, the BCC+ Center Spot filter diffuses and blurs distracting backgrounds while keeping a center spot in focus. The center spot can be moved, sized and the amount of blur can be controlled.
Presets and the FX Editor
To select from a selection of factory installed and user-generated presets, open the FX Editor interface and pick one from the Presets window.
Blur: Sets how much the image is blurred.
A spot in the form of a radial gradient is used to control where blur is added to the image.
- Position: There is an on-screen control in the center of the image. By clicking and dragging the on-screen control, the position of the spot can be adjusted.
- Position X: The horizontal position of the spot.
- Position Y: The vertical position of the spot.
- Note:In some host programs, you must highlight the effect title in the Effect Controls window to see the on-screen controls.
- Aspect: The aspect ratio of the spot.
- Radius: The un-blurred radius of the spot.
- Falloff Radius: The blurred edge radius.
- Falloff: Moves the falloff towards the spot center point.
- Invert: Inverts the spot.
Applies a warming filter to the image.
Color: Sets the color through the use of a standard color picker.
Opacity: Sets the opacity of the warming or cooling.
Preserve Highlights: Preserves the white areas of the image.
Exposure Compensation: Exposure Compensation adds back the brightness loss as a result of the warming or cooling.
Working with The Filter
- Apply BCC+ Center Spot from the Optical Diffusion unit.
- Click the BCC FX Editor button from the Effects and Presets banner. The FX Editor user interface opens and consists of Presets, Parameters and Viewer windows.
- Try out some of the presets.
- Adjust the Spot > Position by clicking and dragging the center image point to the desired location.
- Set the Radius, Falloff Radius and Falloff.The area covered by the spot will be in focus with all other areas blurred.
- If you are curious, you can see what the Spot looks like by changing your View to Spot. Change your View to Output when done.
- Adjust the Horizontal and Vertical Blur to your liking.
- Adjust the Temperature > Color and Opacity sliders to your liking.
- Click the Apply button to return to the host application. .
The values of the parameter adjustments in the FX Editor user interface are transferred to your host application.