NEW IN CONTINUUM 2021, the BCC+ Color Shadow Filter creates a high contrast image overlayed with a custom gradient.
Presets and the FX Editor
To select from a selection of factory installed and user-generated presets, open the FX Editor interface and pick one from the Presets window.
View: Allows you to set the viewer to display various outputs for the Color Shadow.
- Output: Shows the default look of the BCC+ Color Shadow filter on the image.
- Grad: Shows the color gradient. Useful when determining the look of the gradient used in the output.
Threshold: Sets the amount of image detail.
Invert: Changes whether the gradient is in the background or foreground.
Background Color: Sets the color of the background. Select the desired color using the color picker.
Color 1: Sets the color for the top half of the image. Select the desired color using the color picker.
Color 2: Sets the color for the bottom half of the image. Select the desired color using the color picker.
Grad is the gradient transition area between the two colors. It’s direction, corners and size can be adjusted.
Type: Controls the direction of the gradient
- Top-to-bottom: The direction of the gradient is from top to bottom.
- Bottom-to-top: The direction of the gradient is from bottom to top.
- Left-to-right: The direction of the gradient is from left to right.
- Right-to-left: The direction of the gradient is from right to left.
- Horizontal Strip: Horizontal strip gradient gradient
- Vertical Strip: Vertical stripgradient grad.
Size: Adjusts the overall size of the gradient.
Angle: Adjusts the angle of the gradient
The grad can also be corner pinned by adjusting the Corner Pin sliders as well as dragging the four points on the corners of the screen.
Note: You may need to zoom the image out a bit to see the corner points. In addition, to see and adjust the corner points in After Effects, make sure that the effect title in the Effect Controls window is highlighted. For Final Cut Pro, you must activate the cross hair icon next to the corner position parameters to see and adjust the corner points on the screen.
- Upper-Left: Controls the X and Y position of the Upper Left Point.
- Upper-Right: Controls the X and Y position of the Upper Right Point.
- Lower-Right: Controls the X and Y position of the Lower Right Point.
- Lower-Left: Controls the X and Y position of the Lower Left Point.
Working with The Filter
- Apply BCC+ Color Shadow from the BCC Art Looks unit category.
- Click the BCC FX Editor button from the Effects and Presets banner.The FX Editor user interface opens and consists of Presets, Parameters and Viewer windows.
- Try out some of the presets.
- Adjust the Threshold to obtain the desired amount of image detail.The color gradient can be adjusted to your specific image.
- Adjust the Grad > Direction, Corner Points and Size to position and adjust the grad.To adjust the Corner Points, just click and drag them to the desired location.
- To change the background or gradient colors, click on the Background Color, Color 1 or Color 2 > Color boxes and select a color.Color 1 sets the top of the gradient and Color 2 sets the bottom of the gradient.
- Click the Apply button to return to the host application.
The values of the parameter adjustments in the FX Editor user interface are transferred to your host application.