NEW IN CONTINUUM 2021, the BCC Net+ filter softens and minimizes facial imperfections while retaining image clarity. Great for portraits and people photography.
Before and After
Presets and the FX Editor
The FX Editor provides a convenient way to store and retrieve factory installed and/or user generated filter presets. To select a preset, open the FX Editor interface and pick one from the Presets panel. Click the apply button in the FX Editor to return to the host user interface.
To save a custom preset, click the “Create Custom Preset” icon in the top right corner of the parameter list, next to the filter name, set a name for the new custom preset in the dialog that appears and click done.
Blur: Sets the softness of the image.
Opacity: Sets the amount of diffusion mixed into the original image. The higher the setting, the more the image is blurred.
- **Hue:**Rotates the hue of the image.
- Saturation: Adjusts the saturation of the image*.*Positive values saturate, negative values desaturate.
- **Brightness:**Adjusts the brightness of the image. Positive values brighten, negative values darken.
- Contrast: Adjusts the contrast of the image. Positive values increase contrast, negative values decrease contrast.
- Gamma: Adjusts the gamma of the image. The gamma adjustment leaves the white and black points the same and only modifies the values in-between. Positive values lighten the midtones, negative values darken the midtones.
- **Temperature:**Sets the color of the image to be either warmer or cooler. Dragging the slider to the right makes the image cooler (bluer) and dragging the slider to the left makes the image warmer (redder).
- Cyan/Magenta: Adds either Cyan or Magenta to the image. Dragging the slider to the right makes the image more magenta and dragging the slider to the left makes the image more cyan.
- **Red:**Adds or subtracts red from the image.
- Green: Adds or subtracts green from the image.
- **Blue:**Adds or subtracts blue from the image.
PixelChooser: The BCC PixelChooser provides a way for the user to select which pixels in the filtered source are actually going to be affected by the filter, via the generation of image based mattes, gradient mattes and vector shape masks. Mocha planar tracking and vector shape masking options are included in the PixelChooser, which allows for the generation of motion-tracked mask shapes as a hold-back mask.
For more information on the PixelChooser, Click Here.
Working with The Filter
- Apply BCC+ Net from the BCC Optical Diffusion unit.
- Click the BCC FX Editor button. The FX Editor user interface opens and consists of Presets, Parameters and Viewer windows.
- Try out some of the presets.
- Adjust the Blur and Opacity parameters to your liking.
- Adjust the Color Correct > Temperature control to your liking.
- Click the Apply button to return to the host application.
The values of the parameter adjustments in the FX Editor user interface are transferred to your host application.