NEW IN CONTINUUM 2021.5. the BCC+ Dissolve filter facilitates alpha-aware transitions between two clips.
Presets and the FX Editor
To select from a selection of factory installed and user-generated presets, open the FX Editor interface and pick one from the Presets window.
Background: Selects what image to use for the background. The forground image will dissolve to reveal this background image.
- After Effects / Premiere Pro: Choose the layer/track to use as the background matte.
- Avid: When working with three tracks, the matte comes from the top track. When working with alpha tracks, the top track must contain a Matte Key (RGB+Alpha image) and it’s embedded alpha channel is used for the matte.
- Final Cut Pro: Click the drop zone to the right of the Input parameter, choose a clip, and press Apply Clip below the Viewer.
- Motion: Drag the image to be used as the matte source and place it onto the drop zone to the right of the Input parameter.
- OFX: Assigning the matte input requires an OFX host that supports auxiliary inputs. Consult the host documentation for instructions on how to assign an auxiliary input as this will vary by host.
Amount: Sets the amount of the dissolve with 0 being a fully opaque forground, and 100 being a fully opaque background.