Product Evangelist, NYC
Boris FX, a leading developer of VFX, compositing, titling, video editing, and workflow tools for broadcast, post-production, and film professionals, is looking for an enthusiastic, highly motivated, New York City-based Adobe After Effects Artist for the role of Product Evangelist. This role is a “perma-lance” position, featuring a flexible commitment of 4-6 days per month. Your time will be split 50/50 between working from home creating online training content for YouTube/social media and traveling to various post-production facilities throughout the NYC area for on-site training and customer demonstrations. Applicants should possess a strong background in post-production with a primary focus on either motion graphics, broadcast editorial, and/or VFX for film & television. The ideal candidate will possess a master level skill set, have the ability to be client facing, and be an excellent online content creator.
Responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to the following:
- Become a master of all the major Boris FX products (Sapphire, Continuum, and Mocha Pro) and become a fierce advocate for the products.
- Work closely with the Director of Marketing to create training content for the Sapphire, Continuum, and Mocha Pro user base - tutorial videos and series, tips and tricks, and how to videos.
- Work closely with the Director of Sales to facilitate on-site product demonstrations and training for key customers.
- Work with third parties partners to create and execute training content to support the Boris FX community.
- Be an internal expert on competitor products - maintain up to date product feature comparison documents for sharing with the wider business.
- Advise and suggest new features and workflows to the Product Managers that align to market opportunities.
- Support QA teams through testing of pre-release software and reporting issues found during the creation of all content and user experience testing.
- Must be New York City-based, and have the ability to travel as needed.
- Must be able to commit to at least 4 days per month. Timing can be flexible and negotiable within reason.
- Must be a post-production professional with minimum 5+ years experience in editing/finishing, motion design or visual effects.
- Excellent knowledge of all Adobe products, and ability to demonstrate the product when needed/required.
- Additional knowledge of similar packages: Media Composer, Nuke, Resolve, and/or Flame a plus.
- Excellent knowledge of the post-production industry and demonstrated technical aptitude.
- Must be able to share examples of past work including demo reel and/or online video tutorials.
- Experience developing successful relationships with customers and potential customers.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently with a strong reputation for producing the highest quality of work.
- Excellent organizational skills and a strong attention to detail.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Experienced with public speaking, training and online tutorial content creation. Outgoing personality a plus.
- Previous experience with Boris FX products (Sapphire, Continuum, and/or Mocha Pro) is a big plus.
How to apply: Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject line “Product Evangelist”.
No inquiries from agencies at this time please.