Boris FX is hiring for the following positions:
To apply for any of the open positions, please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title in the subject field.
No inquiries from agencies at this time please.
Are you someone who would be excited about working in the visual effects industry developing VFX tools for the next blockbuster movie or Super Bowl commercial? Do you have a passion for quality, super-fast, clean code?
Boris FX is a leading provider of specialized visual effects software to the film, media and advertising industries worldwide. Our products are used in top video content of all kinds. We care about speed, quality (both code and image!) and creativity. We’re looking for a motivated engineer to help us move faster, scale larger, and create more amazing products.
You’d work closely with the rest of our small, focused development group on next-generation visual effects software and make a significant impact on our company.
This position is in our Boston, MA office. Salary commensurate with skills and experience.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Write cool image-processing effects in C/C++ and CUDA
- Create UIs in Python/PyQt.
- We all wear many hats, so there’s some customer interaction, bug fixes, conferences, product design, and QA as well as serious high-performance software development.
- 3-7 years of programming experience.
- Solid experience, comfort and fluency with C++.
- Experience with parallel or GPU programming.
- Image processing and/or computer vision skills.
- Experience creating, debugging and shipping high-performance products
- CS/Engineering college degree
- Familiarity with two or more of Windows, Mac and Linux
- Experience with distributed version control (especially git)
- Experience with agile development, bug tracking (such as jira)
- Familiarity with video editing/effects software development
- Comfort and fluency with Python.
- Strong debugging skills and a desire to solve challenging problems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented
- Enthusiasm to learn
- Likes small company environment
Sales & Support
Are you looking for a hot software firm to build your professional career on? If you are a smart, hard-working, goal-oriented self-starter with interest in video, graphics, or post-production this is a perfect opportunity for you.
In this position, you will be supporting our award-winning Sapphire, Continuum, Mocha brands, taking inbound and making outbound calls to users, assisting in installation, learning and using our products while interfacing with Marketing, Product Management and Sales teams.
Ideal candidate will have a degree in video, film or broadcast with knowledge of modern video post-production and industry. Excellent verbal, phone and writing skills are essential.
- Following up on assigned sales leads
- Taking inbound support cases
- Making outbound calls or emails
- Interacting with customer on the intercom web chat system
Boris FX is a small, privately held company with an informal but high-energy work environment. We are a leader in visual effects for film, video and broadcast markets. Join the company where you can learn, earn living, and have fun at the same time. This position is in our downtown Boston office.
We are looking for charismatic, original, personable people to join our team and help our company succeed in a competitive marketplace. Boris FX employees are valued for their contributions and rewarded well for their hard work.
Boris FX – a world leader in Visual Effects software (VFX) for broadcast, post and multimedia markets, is looking for an experienced web programmer/webmaster to join our team. Take ownership of www.borisfx.com and take it to the next level! Work with management, marketing and sales teams to grow our product popularity and sales.
To qualify you need to possess:
- A bachelor degree in web design, web programming or a related field
- 3 years of website development and management experience
- Experience with SEO, web e-commerce, lead acquisition and attribution methods, Google Analytics, automated marketing such as Pardot or Hubspot.
- Understanding modern web site technology, static website generators such as Hugo or Jekyll, CDN, website and server security issues, website performance measurments
- Basic computer networking and server management skills
- Source code revision tracking and management experience, Github
The position is based in our downtown Boston office. You will be reporting to the CEO of the company and be supported by other IT, engineering and management team members.