Boris FX is hiring for the following positions:
To apply for any of the open positions, please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title in the subject field.
No inquiries from agencies at this time please.
In this position, you will test our award-winning Sapphire, Continuum, and Mocha brands throughout the development cycle. You will report software bugs and work directly with engineers and product managers to solve problems.
Ideal candidate will have working knowledge of one or more video editing or compositing platforms such as Adobe, Avid, Autodesk or Foundry. Understanding video and audio post-production, compositing and VFX worflows is a must.
This job will require strong Windows, Macintosh and Linux operational skills including configuring graphics hardware options, installing software, monitoring system resources. In addition. strong written and verbal communication skills are required.
Responsibilities will include daily testing of various Boris FX software products, reporting issues and verifying solutions.
Are you someone who would be excited about working in the visual effects industry developing VFX tools for the next blockbuster movie or Super Bowl commercial? Do you have a passion for quality, super-fast, maintainable code?
Boris FX is a leading provider of specialized visual effects software to the film, media and advertising industries worldwide. Our products are used in top video content of all kinds. We care about speed, quality and creativity. We’re looking for a motivated engineer to help us move faster, scale larger, and create more amazing products.
You’d work closely with the rest of our small, geographically dispersed development group on Academy Award-winning visual effects software and make a significant impact on our company.
This is a full-time position that is permanently remote / work from home. Salary commensurate with skills and experience.
Roles and Responsibilities
Write sophisticated image processing and computer vision software in C++ and OpenCL.
We all wear many hats, so there’s some customer interaction, bug fixes, conferences, product design and QA as well as serious high-performance, artist-focussed software development.
- Solid experience, comfort and fluency with C++
- Experience creating, debugging and shipping high-performance products
- Image processing and/or computer vision skills
- Degree in Computing or a related subject, or equivalent experience
- Familiarity with two or more of Windows, Mac and Linux
- Experience with distributed version control (especially Git)
- Experience with agile development, bug tracking (such as Jira)
- Familiarity with video editing/effects software development
- Experience with parallel or GPU programming
- Comfort and fluency with Python
- Strong debugging skills and a desire to solve challenging problems
- Experience working in a distributed team, for example open-source projects
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented
- Enthusiasm to learn
- Able to work independently
- Likes a small company environment