Object removal made easy with Mocha Pro. This Tutorial by Mary Poplin covers Mocha Pro running inside Adobe Premiere Pro with Photoshop for generating the clean plate.
Removing graffiti on a moving object can be a very difficult post-production task, but with the Mocha Pro plug-in for Adobe (and a little Photoshop cloning), we can make this an automated task.
- Mocha Pro is applied as a plug-in inside Premiere.
- The side of the camper is tracked with Mocha’s planar tracking.
- A mask layer for the graffiti is linked to the first track. (Layer order is important!)
- In the Remove Module, “create clean plate” this exports a frame to file.
- Open this clip in Photoshop to paint out the one frame. Save.
- In Mocha Pro, select “use cleanplates exclusively”.
- Choose desired Illumination settings.
- Exit to Premiere and turn on Remove Module render.
The Mocha Pro plug-in also supports After Effects, Avid Media Composer, Nuke, Fusion and Sony Vegas.