What’s New in Continuum 11
Summary of major updates since Continuum 10
Release date: November 2017
7 New Effects:
1) Broadcast Safe
2) Primatte Studio
3) VR Blur
4) VR Flicker Fixer
5) VR Insert
6) VR Orient
7) VR Sharpen
• RLM Based Licensing.
• 3D Objects Category - improved edge quality.
• Title Studio - Performance Improvements - particularly with static titles.
• Title Studio - Expanded preset library.
• Title Studio - Numerous UI enhancements.
• Mocha PixelChooser - Faster rendering and tracking and improved tracking accuracy.
• New Presets in Particle Emitter 3D and Particle Array.
• Motion Blur - improved optical flow accuracy under Advanced Mode.
• Improved text rendering for overlay labels on Retina macs.
• Numerous bug fixes.
What’s New in Continuum 10
Summary of major updates since Continuum 9
Release date: October 2015
• Academy award winning Mocha planar tracking and X-Spline masking integrated directly into the PixelChooser.
• 8 new effects and 5 new transitions for a total of 13 new filters.
8 New Effects:
1) Beauty Studio
2) Dropout Fixer
3) Fast Lens Blur
4) Light Leaks
5 New Transitions:
1) Cross Glitch
2) Cross Melt
3) Cross Zoom
4) Lens Blur Dissolve
5) Light Leaks Dissolve
• PixelChooser re-engineered for streamlined UI, enhanced shape masking, and robust color keying (in addition to mocha spline tracking).
• Greater use of OpenCL and OpenGL for GPU acceleration in filters such as Beauty Studio, Title Studio, Fast Lens Blur, Lens Blur Dissolve, and many more.
• New OpenCL rendering engine for enhanced performance and robustness in OpenCL accelerated filters.
• FX Browser™ support in 3D Objects family of effects.
• Change text fields directly from FX Browser™ in 3D objects filters.
• Fast Film Glow:
- Render quality improvements - particularly on alpha clips.
- Additional standard features such as Compare Mode, PixelChooser with mocha, Beat Reactor, and Avoid Clipping.
• Fast Film Process:
- Improved OpenCL rendering.
- Additional standard features such as Compare Mode and PixelChooser with mocha.
• Witness Protection - Now includes PixelChooser with mocha tracking. Mocha support enables obscuring multiple separate faces/logos in a single effect instance with highly robust tracking.
• New textures added to Grunge.
• Advanced Optical Flow option in Motion Blur.
• Added View Current Matte feature to Chroma Key Studio.
• New presets for many key filters such as Fast Film Process, Fast Film Glow, Grunge, Glare, Glint, and Glitter
• Streamlined effect categories with deprecated filters moved to Obsolete category.
• Hide Disabled Parameters option added to Preferences.
• Numerous bug fixes.
What’s New in Continuum 9
Summary of major updates since Continuum 8
Release date: April 2014
• FX Browser™ - our best-in-class new graphical preset browser. Preview your preset library over moving host video, not just static frames, with two different workflows. The Integrated FX Browser™ is available inside every effect and allows intuitive preview of all presets for that effect. The Standalone FX Browser™ is applied as a separate standalone effect and allows browsing presets from EVERY effect in the full BCC library.
• 11 new effects and 25 new transitions for a total of 35 new filters
11 New Effects:
1) 2-Strip Color
2) Fast Film Process
3) Magic Sharp
4) Chroma Key Studio
6) Pan & Zoom - now 3D
7) Edge Grunge
8) Laser Beam
10) Fast Film Glow
11) Lens Correction
25 New Transitions:
1) Blobs Wipe
2) Lens Distortion Wipe
3) Ripple Dissolve
4) Blur Dissolve
5) Lens Flare Dissolve
6) Tile Wipe
7) Checker Wipe
8) Lens Flare Round
9) Tritone Dissolve
10) Composite Dissolve
11) Lens Flare Spiked
13) Damaged TV Dissolve
14) Lens Flash
15) Vector Blur Dissolve
16) Fast Film Glow Dissolve
17) Light Wipe
18) Vignette Wipe
19) Film Glow Dissolve
20) Rays Dissolve
21) Water Waves Dissolve
22) Flutter Cut
23) Ribbon Wipe
24) Grid Wipe
25) Rings Wipe
• Native Premiere Transitions - true NLE-style versions of all BCC transitions are now available in Premiere CC
• Pan and Zoom enhancements:
- 3D moves
- Improved action/title safe guides
- Animation Tuning heads up display overlays in all transitions for intuitive tweaking of transition timing directly in your Composition/Preview pane.
• New HTML-based help system offering richer and more dynamic learning guides.
• Improved 4K rendering support in OpenGL accelerated filters.
• GPU acceleration of important filters such as Film Glow and Film Process.
• Simpler and cleaner UI for enabling/disabling the on-screen Heads Up Display widgets via the new H.U.D. button in the redesigned preset banner.
• Improved Motion Tracker External Data Import workflows (including Mocha data).
• 16 bit and float rendering support for effects in the 3D Objects category.
• Hardware antialiasing for enhanced edge quality in the 3D Objects category.
• Major performance improvements in some OpenGL filters such as Damanged TV, Scanlines, and Glint.
• New Gradient feature in many Wipe transitions.
• Integrated Beat Reactor added to Stage Light.
• Composite On Source and Gamma Adjustment added to Stage Light.
• Improved default settings for Film Glow and Fast Film Glow.
• Built in Motion Blur added to Corner Pin.
• Tracker Time Offset added to Corner Pin.
• Colored Background option added to Swish Pan.
• Brightness Peak and Control Peak added to Lens Transition.
• New presets added across a wide range of effects.
• Numerous bug fixes.