As we prepare for our next major release, we have some important news to share with all of our customers running older versions of Silhouette.
Legacy Upgrades: On May 1, 2022, Silhouette upgrade pricing will only apply to the last two major release versions. This means that once the upcoming Silhouette 2022 is released, only Silhouette v2020 or newer versions will qualify for upgrades.
Moving forward, legacy owners running Silhouette v7 who choose not to upgrade their software licenses by May 1st can purchase new licenses at full price, or choose affordably-priced subscription options.
Legacy Support: Although Silhouette v7 and older versions will be considered “end of life,” please know that your older license will continue to function as usual — as long as the hardware to which it is licensed is operational and you are running a qualified operating system. Any manual transfers, replacements, or support inquiries will require a current upgrade and support contract.
For reference, here are some of the major feature highlights by version and release date.
- Silhouette v6, Nov 2016: Node-based GPU accelerated compositor with a total of 136 different nodes — all stereo enabled.
- Silhouette v7, Jun 2018: Sequence editing, planar tracker enhanced to track textureless objects, magnetic reshape, pin warp, high-resolution paint optimization, GPU-accelerated Mocha planar tracking option.
- Silhouette v2020, Nov 2019: Paint > detail separation, magnetic freehand shapes, shape edge snapping; Planar Tracker > group and part tracking. Mocha tracking option is now included at no additional charge. Support for OFX plugins: Mocha Pro, Sapphire, Neat Video, and RE:Vision Effects products.
- Silhouette v2021, Apr 2021: Silhouette plugin, lens correction, movie file format support, advanced roto tools: brush reshape, collapse/distribute points, point groups, split shapes, roto review and approval, weighted multi-frame.
Upgrading to the current version of Silhouette entitles you to one year of free upgrades & support. With each release, the Boris FX Silhouette team continues to innovate and produce market-leading rotoscoping, paint, and VFX solutions.
- Download Silhouette and give it a test drive today
- Node-locked licenses can be upgraded in the Boris FX Store
- Contact sales for floating license upgrade options
The Silhouette Team