Particle Illusion Standalone 2022 (15.0.3) - Release Notes
Particle Illusion Standalone 2022 (v15.0.3) is a maintenance update to Particle Illusion Standalone 2022 (v15.0.2). It includes several important feature tweaks and fixes (see below). For a full list of what’s new between Particle Illusion Standalone 2022 and the previous Particle Illusion Standalone 2021.5 major release please refer to the initial 2022 release notes here:
Feature Enhancements in Particle Illusion Standalone 2022 (v15.0.3) Update:
- Faster Preview and Rendering
- Quicker refreshes and faster render, especially when jumping/scrubbing forward in longer projects with high particle counts.
- Improved Memory Efficiency
- More efficient use of caching memory.
Other Fixes and Polish in Particle Illusion Standalone 2022 (v15.0.3) Update:
- Particle Illusion - Sluggish UI on some window configurations when Stage window zoom is set to Fit
- Particle Illusion - Emission Angle incorrect when emitter Angle is changed
- Particle Illusion - Some particle properties could change from one render to another for projects using deflectors
- Particle Illusion - Improved handling of stretch/scale when applying presets or opening projects on media of different frame aspects (e.g. presets created in landscape projects which were then applied to portrait clips.)
- Particle Illusion - Incorrect particle stretch in projects with non-square pixel aspect ratios
- Particle Illusion - Saved library scene does not display Force/Fluid set up until UI is refreshed.
Particle Illusion Standalone 2022 (v15.0.3) was released on 2/25/2022.
Particle Illusion Standalone 2022 (v15.0.3) supports the following platforms:
macOSX 10.14, 10.15, 11.x, 12.0
Particle Illusion 2022 is a “universal” application and runs natively on either Intel or ARM64/M1 Apple Silicon hardware.
Windows 10 x64, Windows 11:
Numerous resources are available for helping you get the most out of Particle Illusion.
- Detailed help documentation is available on the Boris FX website: Particle Illusion Documentation
- BorisTV video tutorials cover a huge range of topics from initial introductions, to deep training Webinar Replays, to in-depth looks at specific techniques. It contains an extensive series of videos on all aspects of Particle Illusion.
Particle Illusion Standalone 2022 (v15.0.3) - Compatibility Notes:
While in general your previously saved projects should render identically in the newer version, bug fixes and quality improvements can sometimes change the look of older projects. While every effort is made to ensure project compatibility, the following notable areas may see some change to the look of previously saved projects.
- PI Grid force objects “direction variation” is now more correct and thus renders differently than before
- PI 3D Deflectors didn’t correctly deflect in 3D which changes the look of existing projects
- Improved handling of stretch/scale when applying presets or opening projects on media of different frame aspects can change the relative scale of some existing projects.
- Fixes for particle stretch in projects with non-square pixel aspect ratios can change the look of some existing projects.
Particle Illusion Standalone 2022 (v15.0.3) - Known Issues and Limitations:
- CO-5788 - Particle Illusion - custom GUI scroll bars do not react to Wacom tablet clicks.
- CO-8221 - Particle Illusion - Broken particles occasionally falling through deflector
- CO-9436 - Particle Illusion - “Preserve Color” black particles sometimes drawn offset (2D mode)