Particle Illusion Standalone 2021.5 (14.5.3) - Release Notes
Particle Illusion Standalone 2021.5 (v14.5.3) is a maintenance update to Particle Illusion Standalone 2021.5 (v14.5.2). It includes several important fixes (see below). For a full list of what’s new between Particle Illusion Standalone 2021.5 and the previous Particle Illusion Standalone 2021.5 major release please refer to the initial 2021.5 release notes here:
Fixes and Polish in Particle Illusion Standalone 2021.5 (v14.5.3) Update:
- Particle Illusion - Adding an emitter to a scene with an existing animated emitter and deflectors causes an unexpected change in the animation
- Particle Illusion - Sporadic crash after deleting an emitter under certain circumstances
- Particle Illusion - Error when attempting to set parameter keyframe interpolation to constant for parameters in certain older projects.
Particle Illusion Standalone 2021.5 (v14.5.3) was released on 9/20/2021.
Particle Illusion Standalone 2021.5 (v14.5.3) supports the following platforms:
macOSX 10.14, 10.15, 11.0, 11.1, 11.2, 11.3, 11.4: (Intel chipsets only. M1 / ARM chipsets are not officially supported in this version, although Particle Illusion may be largely usable under Rosetta2 emulation mode.)
Windows 10 x64:
Numerous resources are available for helping you get the most out of Particle Illusion.
- Detailed help documentation is available on the Boris FX website: Particle Illusion Documention
- BorisTV video tutorials cover a huge range of topics from initial introductions, to deep training Webinar Replays, to in-depth looks at specific techniques. It contains an extensive series of videos on all aspects of Particle Illusion.
Particle Illusion Standalone 2021.5 (v14.5.3) - Compatibility Notes:
While in general your previously saved projects should render identically in the newer version, bug fixes and quality improvements can sometimes change the look of older projects. While every effort is made to ensure project compatibility, the following notable areas may see some change to the look of previously saved projects.
- Due to UI optimization, performance optimizatioin, and expanded 3D support, some Particle Illusion projects may show changes in certain particle properties (although the general look and feel should remain the same).
Particle Illusion Standalone 2021.5 (v14.5.3) - Known Issues and Limitations:
- CO-5788 - Particle Illusion - custom GUI scroll bars do not react to Wacom tablet clicks.
- CO-8221 - Particle Illusion - Broken particles occasionally falling through deflector
- CO-8678 - Particle Illusion - Layer widget disappears and particles do not render on stage for some high resolution projects at 5k+
- CO-8847 - Mac Installer Registration Dialog fails the installer if certain unicode characters were entered on a previous installer run
- CO-9281 - Particle Illusion - Some UI element manipulations can be slower to refresh than expected
- CO-9274 - Particle Illusion - 3D HUD box can display as distorted for some settings
- CO-9270 - Particle Illusion - phantom camera controls can appear after converting project from 2d to 3d
- CO-9401 - Particle Illusion - Sphere Force radius incorrect when camera rotates in Z
- CO-9427 - Particle Illusion - Cross-hair to add additional points to line emitter may not align with the line