This is an upgrade release from all previous versions of Media 100.
Media 100 Suite 2.1.5 can run as a standalone, software-only application and it will also work with supported I/O hardware.
Media 100 Suite integrates with AJA® hardware including the Kona3, 3G, & LHi cards as well as the Matrox MXO2 line of I/O devices and several devices from Blackmagic Design, including the Intensity Pro, DeckLink SDI, DeckLink Studio and DeckLink HD Extreme. This release supports Apple Inc® Computers with Intel processors running a minimum of Mac OS X 10.6.6 “Snow Leopard.” Mac OS X 10.7 “Lion”, Mac OS X 10.8 “Mountain Lion” and ” Mac OS X 10.9 “Mavericks” are supported. Mac OS X 10.5 “Leopard” is not
Read these Release Notes before using the software.
This document provides up-to-date information regarding Media 100 Suite that is not included in other documents.
- A Note About Mac OS X 10.6.8 Apple released the Mac OS X 10.6.8 update in June 2011. A bug in this update disables playback with the
- Media 100 i Codec in NTSC 601 format. We are working with Apple to find a solution but the eventual outcome is unknown. We recommend that you not install the 10.6.8 update if you have existing i Codec media.
- A Note About Mac OS X 10.7 “Lion” Apple released the Mac OS X 10.7 update in July 2011. A bug in this version disables playback with the Media 100 i Codec in NTSC 601 format. We are working with Apple to find a solution but the eventual outcome is unknown. We recommend that you not install the 10.7 update if you have existing i Codec media.
What’s new in Version 2.1.5?
Bug fixes and Improvements:
- Fixed the chronic “Media 100 is busy while the clip is being edited” (in RED) problem.
- Fixed the exclude volumes from media search feature to work properly when the set of volumes mounted had changed since the preference was originally set.
What’s new in Version 2.1.4? Added support for Mac OS 10.9 “Mavericks”.
What’s new in Version 2.1.3?
- Added support for AJA Kona LHe Plus, Io XT, Io Express, and T-TAP. Added support for Matrox Mojito.
- Note: For customers using Matrox Mojito hardware, you will need to use the 2.6.1 version of the Matrox software.
Bug fixes and Improvements:
- Improved Media 100 help menu layout.
- Fixed a bug that caused incorrect analog output with the playback of NTSC video output with zero IRE pedestal selection (Japan).
- No longer show hidden disk volumes in the Media 100 Application’s preference location dialog. This fixed some of the problems with SAN systems.
What’s new in Version 2.1.2?
- Added support for Mac OS X 10.8 “Mountain Lion”.
- Added support for AJA legacy cards Kona LHe and LSe,
- Note: For customers using Matrox hardware, be sure to install the 2.5 version of the Matrox software. The 3.X versions of the Matrox software is not compatible with Media 100.