Continuum (BCC) 11.0.2 for Apple Final Cut Pro and Motion - Release Notes
What’s New in Continuum 11 for Apple/FxPlug (Summary of major changes since BCC10):
- 6 New Effects:
- Broadcast Safe
- VR Blur
- VR Flicker Fixer
- VR Insert
- VR Reorient
- VR Sharpen
- RLM Based Licensing.
- New Presets in Particle Emitter 3D and Particle Array
- BCC Motion Blur - improved optical flow accuracy under Advanced Mode.
- Numerous bug fixes
Continuum 11.0.2 (BCC 11.0.2) for Apple Final Cut Pro + Motion (FxPlug) hosts was released on 1/8/2018.
Continuum 11.0.2 for Apple/FxPlug officially supports the following host applications:
Mac OSX 10.10, 10.11, 10.12, and 10.13:
- Final Cut Pro X 10.2, 10.3, and 10.4
- Motion 5.2, 5.3, and 5.4
Numerous resources are available for helping you get the most out of Boris Continuum Complete.
- Help documents for individual BCC effects are accessible directly from each plug-in’s UI. The entire BCC Help Documention library is also available on the BorisFX website, including access to a downloadable version for browsing Offline BCC Help Documentation.
- BorisTV video tutorials cover a huge range of topics from introductions to the Fundamentals, to deep training Webinar Replays, to in-depth looks at key effects and techniques.
Continuum for Apple/FxPlug 11.x Compatibility Notes:
While in general your previously saved projects should render identically in the newer version, bug fixes and quality improvements can sometimes change the look of older projects. While every effort is made to ensure project compatibility, the following notable areas may see some change to the look of previously saved projects.
- The 3D Objects category of filters has been deprecated in BCC11. Old projects which used 3D Objects filters will still open normally, but these filters will no longer appear in the effect menus. Please contact customer support if this is a concern.
- Grunge: fixes to incorrect color shifts in regions of partial transparency may change the brightness along the edges of alpha objects.
- BCC Light Leaks and Light Leaks Dissolve: fixes to incorrect color shifts in regions of partial transparency may change the brightness in soft alpha objects.
- BCC Textures - Due to a fix in the Texture Position control, the offset of textures may have shifted in several of the filters in the texture generators group, possibly requiring the Position to be tweaked to restore the original look although the overall look and feel remains the same.
- More accurate edge quality handling in blur filters and other filters which use blurs internally will cause minor changes to pixel values near the edges in some clips.
Continuum for Apple/FxPlug 11.0.2 - Known Issues and Limitations:
- BCC11 for FxPlug does not include support for mocha PixelChooser tracking/masking nor for Primatte Studio at this time.
- In order to comply with host multi-threading requirements BCC Match Grain does not currently support using the Lock Sample checkbox to lock in new grain samples. You can still use Match Grain to render grain matched from an alternate clip by leaving the Lock Sample checkbox disabled, but it is not possible to use the Lock Sample checkbox to store new grain profiles permanently in grain files or presets. However, loading previously saved grain profiles or Match Grain presets will continue to work as before.