Continuum 2023 (v16.0.1) for OFX - Release Notes
Continuum 2023 (v16.0.1) is a maintenance update to Continuum 2023 version 16.0.0 and is a free update for licensed users of Continuum 2023. It includes several important fixes and feature enhancements (see below). For a full list of what’s new between Continuum 2023 and the previous Continuum 2022.5 major release, please refer to the initial 2023 release notes:
Continuum 2023 (v16.0.0) for OFX Release Notes
Fixes and Enhancements in Continuum 2023 v16.0.1 for OFX:
- 2D Particles filter enabled in OFX hosts
- BCC+ Atmospheric Glow - Add Smoke/Fog slider with Smoky Rays enabled now correctly uses the smoke blend mode setting
- BCC+ Atmospheric Glow and BCC+ Film Glow - fix incorrect alpha premultiplication in the FX editor
- Mocha - Fixes to Adjust Track
- BCC+ Swish and Film Roll transitions - Produce black output on some systems in GPU mode
- Title Studio - Video Layer zooms when toggling preview resolution
- Title Studio - FX Browser folder panel - text hard to read due to color scheme on mac
- Title Studio - Update some presets to use universally available fonts
- Particle Illusion - General stability fixes
- Particle Illusion - Fix double clicking to adding emitters on Windows
- Particle Illusion - When in List View, favoriting an emitter does not turn its name gold
- Particle Illusion - Some super emitters in Fluids render incorrectly
- Particle Illusion - Alt-click to add emitter to stage works
- Particle Illusion - Cursor now changes to “+” when Alt is pressed in Emitter Library views to indicate click will add emitter to stage.
- Particle Illusion - UI refresh issues
- Particle Illusion - Fix Color from Layer
- Particle Illusion - Stability issues with certain 3D Model files when Emit From is set to Vertices.
- Particle Illusion - Super Emitters ignore “affected by force” parameter
- Particle Illusion - Improved diagnostic logging
- Particle Illusion - Ctrl+T needs to be pressed twice before thumbnail updates occur on Windows
- Particle Illusion - Fix sporadic crashing on launch with certain hardware configurations
- Particle Illusion - Fix param de-emphasis in several situations
- Particle Illusion - Selecting a line emitter point widget shows ignores motion path
- Particle Illusion - Redo of a parameter change in graph doesn’t return to original value
- Particle Illusion - Undo of a parameter change causes graph view to clear
- Particle Illusion - Line emitter points are not accurate when emitter rotates in 3D
- Particle Illusion - Frame outline draws on top of HUD elements
- Particle Illusion - Some emitters have wrong Y value of some emitters
- Particle Illusion - New HUD line width preference and other HUD drawing improvements
- Particle Illusion - Fix “Original Shape” option showing texture in Shape Editor when frame changed
- Particle Illusion - Fix Motion Blur from indicator in Stage menu
- Particle Illusion - Shape Editor usage enhancements (Only scrub shape image preview with mouse wheel when multiple frames exist)
- Particle Illusion - Deleting an emitter from a library incorrectly removes shapes/images if they’re no longer used. Also improve library emitter delete message.
- Particle Illusion - Particles that are “aligned to motion” do not preview correctly
- Particle Illusion - Fluids projects show different results in some cases on subsequent renders
- Particle Illusion - Force Edge Softness results are sometimes slightly incorrect
- Particle Illusion - Performance tweaks in fluid projects
- Particle Illusion - Add preference for whether or not to show Library Loading error messages on launch
- Particle Illusion - Tooltip drawing refinements and fixes
Continuum 2023 (BCC 16.0.1) for OFX was released on 1/5/2023.
Continuum 2023 (v16.0.1) for OFX (OpenFX) officially supports the following host applications:
Note that Continuum OFX may work to varying degrees in other OFX hosts, but at this time it is only officially supported in Resolve, Vegas Pro, and Nuke. Note that official Resolve support does not yet include the embedded Fusion page within Resolve. Note that the Apple App Store version of Resolve is not fully supported and direct downloads of Resolve from the Blackmagic Design site should be used instead.
macOS 10.14, 10.15, 11.x, 12.x (up to OS version at time of Continuum release and as appropriate for the host version in use): Note, Continuum supports running natively on M1/ARM64 native chipsets for host versions which themselves support running natively on M1/ARM64. [Up to host versions released at time of Continuum release]:
- DaVinci Resolve Studio and DaVinci Resolve 17.x, 18.x
- Nuke 12, 13
Windows 10 x64 and Windows 11 [Up to host versions released at time of Continuum release]:
- DaVinci Resolve Studio and DaVinci Resolve 17.x, 18.x
- 19, 20 (Magix)
- Nuke 12, 13 (4k monitor support on windows requires Nuke 12.1 or higher)
Numerous resources are available for helping you get the most out of Boris Continuum Complete.
- Help documents for individual BCC effects are accessible directly from each plug-in’s UI. The entire BCC Help Documentation library is also available on the BorisFX website, including access to a downloadable version for browsing Offline BCC Help Documentation.
- BorisTV video tutorials cover a huge range of topics from introductions to the Fundamentals, to deep training Webinar Replays, to in-depth looks at key effects and techniques.
Continuum 2023 (v16.0.1) for OFX - Compatibility Notes:
While in general your previously saved projects should render identically in the newer version, bug fixes and quality improvements can sometimes change the look of older projects. While every effort is made to ensure project compatibility, the following notable areas may see some change to the look of previously saved projects.
- Particle Illusion 3D environment enhancements and bug fixes may cause some projects to render with individual particle differences, although the overall look and feel should remain the same.
- BCC+ Transitions - Fix to adjust timing so transition reaches full completion on the last frame may affect the perceived timing of transitions by 1 frame in saved projects.
Continuum 2023 (v16.0.1) for OFX - Known Issues and Limitations:
- CO-8221 - Particle Illusion - Broken particles occasionally falling through deflector
- CO-8326 - The FX Editor window does not block access to the host UI while it is up which can lead to stability problems if you make adjustments in the host while the FX Editor is still open.
- CO-9244 - 3D Objects category of filters including Title Studio are disabled on macOS Resolve due to technical difficulties with that host.
- CO-9436 - Particle Illusion: “Preserve Color” black particles sometimes drawn offset (2D mode)
- CO-9391 - BCC+ Cross Processing and BCC+ Color Paste clamp in HDR
- CO-9370 - BCC+ Color Gradient - ND Brightness feature ignores alpha
- CO-9789 - Nuke only: Some presets not applying correctly when the y param is set to 200
- CO-10220 - BCC+ Crash Zoom Dissolve - angle animation is not as smooth as it should be
- CO-10213 - FX Editor preview sometimes shows incorrect colors after changing OCIO colorspace multiple times