Continuum 2021.5 (v14.5.3) for Avid AVX - Release Notes
Continuum 2021.5 (v14.5.3) is a maintenance update to Continuum 2021.5 (v14.5.0 and v14.5.2) and is a free update for licensed users of Continuum 2021.5. It includes several important fixes (see below). For a full list of what’s new between Continuum 2021.5 and the previous Continuum 2021 major release please refer to the initial 2021.5 release notes here:
Fixes and Polish in 2021.5 (v14.5.3) Update for AVX - Avid Media Composer:
- Particle Illusion - Adding an emitter to a scene with an existing animated emitter and deflectors causes an unexpected change in the animation
- Particle Illusion - Sporadic crash after deleting an emitter under certain circumstances
Continuum 2021.5 (v14.5.3) (BCC 14.5.3) for Avid AVX was released on 9/20/2021.
Continuum 2021.5 (v14.5.3) for Avid AVX supports the following host applications:
- Avid Media Composer 2018.x, 2019.x, 2020.x, 2021.x (up to Avid versions released at time of Continuum release) and running macOS 10.14, 10.15, 11.0, 11.1, 11.2, 11.3, 11.4 (as appropriate for the host version in use). (Intel chipsets only. M1 / ARM chipsets are not supported in this version.)
- Avid Media Composer 2018.x, 2019.x, 2020.x, 2021.x (up to Avid versions released at time of Continuum release) and running Windows 10
Numerous resources are available for helping you get the most out of Boris Continuum Complete.
- Help documents for individual BCC effects are accessible directly from each plug-in’s UI. The entire BCC Help Documentation library is also available on the BorisFX website, including access to a downloadable version for browsing Offline BCC Help Documentation.
- BorisTV video tutorials cover a huge range of topics from introductions to the Fundamentals, to deep training Webinar Replays, to in-depth looks at key effects and techniques.
Continuum 2021.5 (v14.5.3) for AVX - Avid - Compatibility Notes:
While in general your previously saved projects should render identically in the newer version, bug fixes and quality improvements can sometimes change the look of older projects. While every effort is made to ensure project compatibility, the following notable areas may see some change to the look of previously saved projects.
- Due to UI optimization and expanded 3D support, some Particle Illusion projects may show shifts in some particle properties (although the look and feel should remain the same).
- As part of improving alpha support for many filters in the BCC+ Lights category (e.g. BCC+Rays, BCC+Glow, BCC+Lens Flare, and BCC+Streaks) the lighting will now by default expand into regions of zero or low alpha. While this is generally the desired result, it can change the look of saved projects with these filters applied to alpha clips, so if necessary the you can dial back the alpha channel expansion by reducing the Affect Alpha parameter.
- As part of improving the BCC+ AVX infrastructure we revamped the levels handling to be more accurate and to better match settings in other hosts. This means that some saved Avid BCC+ projects may show levels shifts when opened in this version.
- BCC+Edge Composite - due to AVX infrastructure enhancements the Title Matte settings in previous projects might need to be adjusted to support the newer UI if it was used on nonstandard mattes.
Continuum 2021.5 (v14.5.3) for AVX - Avid - Known Issues and Limitations:
- CO-5788 - Particle Illusion - custom GUI scroll bars do not react to Wacom tablet clicks.
- CO-8221 - Particle Illusion - Broken particles occasionally falling through deflector
- CO-8326 - The FX Editor window does not block access to the host UI while it is up which can lead to stability problems if you make adjustments in the host while the FX Editor is still open.
- CO-8678 - Particle Illusion - Layer widget disappears and particles do not render on stage for some high resolution projects at 5k+
- CO-8847 - Mac Installer Registration Dialog fails the installer if certain unicode characters were entered on a previous installer run
- CO-9274 - Particle Illusion - 3D HUD box can display as distorted for some settings
- CO-9270 - Particle Illusion - phantom camera controls can appear after converting project from 2d to 3d
- CO-9219 - Particle Illusion - Make Super Emitter does not apply Position Turbulence and Size Turbulence correctly
- CO-9220 - Particle Illusion - Delete and Undo commands do not always execute when expected
- CO-9290 - Licensing - Occasionally the license activation tool does not pop up automatically after installation on Mac. Re-running the installer should pop up the tool on the next run.
- CO-8824 - BCC+ filters in Avid don’t support Avid’s 16bit mode and will render in 8 bit under the hood
- CO-8820 - Mocha PixelChooser data lost when loading presets in Avid even when pref is set to not change PixelChooser/Mocha data
- CO-9436 - Particle Illusion: “Preserve Color” black particles sometimes drawn offset (2D mode)
- CO-9391 - 3 BCC+ filters clamp in HDR projects - Film Stocks, Cross Processing, Color Paste
- CO-9390 - BCC+Composite reverts to CPU if Transform Scale X param is scrubbed
- CO-9370 - BCC+ Color Gradient - ND Brightness feature ignores alpha
- CO-9369 - BCC+ Lens Flare - incorrect result in some cases when compositing with soft alpha comps