Continuum 2021.5 (v14.5.2) for Apple Final Cut Pro / FxPlug - Release Notes
Continuum 2021.5 (v14.5.2) is a maintenance update to Continuum 2021.5 (v14.5.1) and is a free update for licensed users of Continuum 2021.5. It includes several important fixes and enhancements (see below). For a full list of what’s new between Continuum 2021.5 and the previous Continuum 2021 major release please refer to the initial 2021.5 release notes here:
Fixes and Polish in 2021.5 (v14.5.2) Update for Final Cut Pro - FxPlug:
- FX Editor - Fix External Monitor tool tip
- BCC+ macOS Version Info - Bundle reports correct version in Get Info and elsewhere
- License Tool - Updates for 4k monitors and other improvements
- BCC+ Beauty Studio - Added to BCC Beauty Studio premium filter unit licensing.
Continuum 2021.5 (v14.5.2) (BCC 14.5.2) for FxPlug was released on 8/10/2021.
Continuum 2021.5 (v14.5.2) for Apple FxPlug officially supports the following host and OS version:
macOS 10.15, 11.0, 11.1, 11.2, 11.3, 11.4 (as appropriate for the host version in use). Note that Continuum FCP works in emulation mode on Apple Silicon M1 computers, with native support coming soon.
Final Cut Pro 10.5*
[*Up to host versions released at time of Continuum release]
Numerous resources are available for helping you get the most out of Boris Continuum Complete.
- Help documents for individual BCC effects are accessible directly from each plug-in’s UI. The entire BCC Help Documention library is also available on the BorisFX website, including access to a downloadable version for browsing Offline BCC Help Documentation.
- BorisTV video tutorials cover a huge range of topics from introductions to the Fundamentals, to deep training Webinar Replays, to in-depth looks at key effects and techniques.
Continuum 2021.5 FCP (v14.5.2) Compatibility Notes:
- Projects made in the public 14.0.x beta version of Continuum FCP that use BCC+ filters will NOT come forward to the officially shipping version of Continuum 2021.5 due to the architectural restructuring required to support the latest Fxplug SDK. Projects created with the beta software should be finished with the beta software and then archived.
- Since Continuum 2021.5 includes only “BCC+” filters. You need to install Continuum 2020.5 side-by-side with Continuum 2020.5 if you want to access older BCC filters.
Continuum 2021.5 FCP (v14.5.2) - Known Issues and Limitations:
- CO-8847 - Mac Installer Registration Dialog fails the installer if certain unicode characters were entered on a previous installer run
- CO-9290 - Licensing - Occasionally the license activation tool does not pop up automatically after installation on Mac. Re-running the installer should pop up the tool on the next run.
- CO-9331 - Project pane thumbnails sometimes render with tiling artifacts when a BCC+ effect is applied. This affects only the thumbnails and not the effect results in the timeline. We are working with Apple engineering to resolve this issue.
- CO-9391 - 3 BCC+ filters clamp in HDR projects - Film Stocks, Cross Processing, Color Paste
- CO-9390 - BCC+Composite reverts to CPU if Transform Scale X param is scrubbed
- CO-9370 - BCC+ Color Gradient - ND Brightness feature ignores alpha
- CO-9369 - BCC+ Lens Flare - incorrect result in some cases when compositing with soft alpha comps