Continuum 2021.5 (v14.5.1) for Apple Final Cut Pro / FxPlug - Release Notes
Continuum 2021.5 (v14.5.1) FCP is the first full release of Continuum for FxPlug hosts since Continuum 2020.5 (v13.5.1). There was a public beta of Continuum 14.0.x, but no official version of 14.0.x was released. Continuum 2021.5 was completely re-architected to conform to the latest Apple FxPlug specifications, and due to this restructuring public beta projects that used BCC+ filters will not come forward to Continuum 2021.5. It is recommended that any projects created with the public beta be finished with the 14.0.3 beta software and then archived. Continuum 2021.5 includes only the newest 100% GPU accelerated “BCC+” family of filters and no longer installs the older “BCC” filters. Continuum 2021.5 for FCP does allow side-by-side install with Continuum 2020.5 which makes the original Continuum filters available if desired, although only the newer BCC+ filters will take full advantage of the latest FCP plugin architecture and full GPU pipeline utilization.
Continuum 2021.5 for Apple Final Cut Pro Features:
90 New Fully GPU Accelerated “BCC+” Cinematographer’s Toolkit Effects: Ninety new 100% GPU accelerated cinematic filters for coloring, lighting, camera lens, film stock emulation, and more. All of the new filters are fully HDR compliant and include a new FX Editor preset browser and custom preset generator with 1,000+ presets, OCIO color management tools, metadata tagging, and the ability to edit parameters from directly inside the browser. Summary of new BCC+ filters by category:
- BCC Art Looks:
- Borders, Color Infrared, Color Shadow, Infrared, Night Vision, X-Ray
- BCC Blur:
- BCC Color and Tone:
- Black and White, DeFog, Develop, Enhancing, F-Stop, Fluorescent, Grade, Haze, High Contrast, Kelvin, Low Contrast, Polarizer, Selective Saturation, Shadows/Highlights
- BCC Film Style:
- Bleach Bypass, Color Processing, Day for Night, Film Grunge, Film Stocks, Flashing, Looks, Three Strip, Two Strip, Vignette
- BCC Grads & Tints:
- Color Gradient, Color Spot, Colorize Gradient, Dual Gradient, Gels, ND Gradient, Photographic, Radial Tint, Sepia, Skin Tone, Split Tone, Sunset, Tint
- BCC Image Restoration:
- Beauty Studio, DeBand, DeBlock
- BCC Key & Blend:
- Color Paste, Composite, Edge Composite, Holdout Composite, Math Composite, Non-Additive Mix, Optical Dissolve
- BCC Lens:
- Camera Shake, Chromatic Aberration, DeFringe, Lens Distortion, Radial Exposure, Wide Angle Lens
- BCC Lights:
- Ambient Light, Chroma bands, Eye Light, Glow, Glow Darks, Glow Edges, Ice Halos, Key Light, Lens Flare, Light, Multi-Star, Overexpose, Rays, Reflector, ReLight, Streaks
- BCC Optical Diffusion:
- Center Spot, Depth of Field, Diffusion, Double Fog, Fog, Frost, Halo, Mist, Net, Rack Focus, Silk, Split Field
- BCC Perspective:
- BCC Textures:
29 New Title Templates: Twenty-nine new professionally designed title templates covering a range of styles
Continuum 2021.5 (v14.5.1) (BCC 14.5.1) for FxPlug was released on 7/14/2021.
Continuum 2021.5 (v14.5.1) for Apple FxPlug officially supports the following host and OS version:
macOS 10.15, 11.0, 11.1, 11.2, 11.3, 11.4 (as appropriate for the host version in use). Note that Continuum FCP works in emulation mode on Apple Silicon M1 computers, with native support coming soon.
Final Cut Pro 10.5*
[*Up to host versions released at time of Continuum release]
Numerous resources are available for helping you get the most out of Boris Continuum Complete.
- Help documents for individual BCC effects are accessible directly from each plug-in’s UI. The entire BCC Help Documention library is also available on the BorisFX website, including access to a downloadable version for browsing Offline BCC Help Documentation.
- BorisTV video tutorials cover a huge range of topics from introductions to the Fundamentals, to deep training Webinar Replays, to in-depth looks at key effects and techniques.
Continuum 2021.5 FCP (v14.5.1) Compatibility Notes:
- Projects made in the public 14.0.x beta version of Continuum FCP that use BCC+ filters will NOT come forward to the officially shipping version of Continuum 2021.5 due to the architectural restructuring required to support the latest Fxplug SDK. Projects created with the beta software should be finished with the beta software and then archived.
- Since Continuum 2021.5 includes only “BCC+” filters. You need to install Continuum 2020.5 side-by-side with Continuum 2020.5 if you want to access older BCC filters.
Continuum 2021.5 FCP (v14.5.1) - Known Issues and Limitations:
- CO-8847 - Mac Installer Registration Dialog fails the installer if certain unicode characters were entered on a previous installer run
- CO-9290 - Licensing - Occasionally the license activation tool does not pop up automatically after installation on Mac. Re-running the installer should pop up the tool on the next run.
- CO-9331 - Project pane thumbnails sometimes render with tiling artifacts when a BCC+ effect is applied. This affects only the thumbnails and not the effect results in the timeline.