Continuum 2020.5 (v13.5.1) for Apple Final Cut Pro / FxPlug - Release Notes
Continuum 2020.5 (v13.5.1) is a maintenance update to Continuum 2020.5 (v13.5.0) and is free to licensed users of Continuum 2020.5. It includes several important fixes (see below). For a full list of what’s new between Continuum 2020.5 and the previous Continuum 2020 major release please refer to the initial 2020.5 release notes here:
Fixes/Tweaks in 2020.5 (v13.5.1) for Apple FxPlug Hosts:
- FxPlug - Plugins fail to load on some versions of macOS
- Licensing - Crash Zoom Dissolve and Spin Blur Dissolve were hidden in the Transitions unit if you chose to install only the licensed filters
- Licensing - Improved support for monthly subscription licenses
- Logging - Improved diagnostic logging
Continuum 2020.5 (v13.5.1) (BCC 13.5.1) for FxPlug was released on 6/19/2020.
Continuum 2020.5 (v13.5.1) for Apple FxPlug officially supports the following host applications:
macOS 10.12, 10.13, 10.14, and 10.15 (as appropriate for the host version in use):
Final Cut Pro X 10.2, 10.3, and 10.4
Motion 5.2, 5.3, and 5.4
Numerous resources are available for helping you get the most out of Boris Continuum Complete.
- Help documents for individual BCC effects are accessible directly from each plug-in’s UI. The entire BCC Help Documention library is also available on the BorisFX website, including access to a downloadable version for browsing Offline BCC Help Documentation.
- BorisTV video tutorials cover a huge range of topics from introductions to the Fundamentals, to deep training Webinar Replays, to in-depth looks at key effects and techniques.
Continuum 2020.5 (v13.5.1) for FxPlug Compatibility Notes:
While in general your previously saved projects should render identically in the newer version, bug fixes and quality improvements can sometimes change the look of older projects. While every effort is made to ensure project compatibility, the following notable areas may see some change to the look of previously saved projects.
- Integrated Glow group (in Reframer, Beauty Studio, Light Leaks). Previously the glow radius did not auto-scale with clip resolution causing presets to look different on HD vs 4k if they used the glow feature prominently. Old projects with integrated glow might need to tweak the glow radius when reopened in the new version to adjust for this change. (This does NOT affect Fast Film Glow or Fast Film Glow Dissolve).
Continuum 2020.5 for FxPlug (v13.5.1) - Known Issues and Limitations:
- Continuum 2020.5 for FxPlug does not include support for Mocha tracking/masking, Primatte Studio, Particle Illusion, Title Studio, Corner Pin Studio, or the FX Browser at this time.
- In order to comply with host multi-threading requirements BCC Match Grain does not currently support using the Lock Sample checkbox to lock in new grain samples. You can still use Match Grain to render grain matched from an alternate clip by leaving the Lock Sample checkbox disabled, but it is not possible to use the Lock Sample checkbox to store new grain profiles permanently in grain files or presets. However, loading previously saved grain profiles or Match Grain presets will continue to work as before.