Continuum 2020 (v13.0.2) for Avid AVX - Release Notes
Continuum 2020 (v13.0.2) is a maintenance update to Continuum 2020 (v13.0.x) and is free to licensed users of Continuum 2020. It includes several important fixes and enhancements (see below). For a full list of what’s new between Continuum 2020 and the previous Continuum 2019.5 major release please refer to the previous 2020 release notes here:
Enhancements/Fixes in 2020 (v13.0.2) for Avid AVX:
- Mocha - Jittering in Mocha PixelChooser masks when field rendering
- Mocha - Subtract layer property in Mocha UI not working as expected after swapping layer order.
- Mocha - Missing OCIO config in Mocha UI
- Licensing - (Rare) - Multiple machines on some networks incorrectly identified as the same machine so licensing changes on one machine would unexpectedly affect others.
- Primatte Studio, Chroma Key Studio, Spill Remover, Light Wrap - Improved handling of Mix With Original in Light Wrap group when a Light Wrap preview mode is enabled.
- Particle Illusion - More consistent look and feel of UI elements across the interface
- Particle Illusion - Project Settings/Preferences Dialog - after clicking the Project Size popup all subsequent clicks open the menu
- Cast Shadow - Artifacts for some settings on Intel GPUs
Continuum 2020 (v13.0.2) (BCC 13.0.2) for Avid AVX was released on 12/19/2019.
Continuum 2020 (v13.0.2) for Avid AVX supports the following host applications:
- Avid Media Composer 8.x, 2018.x, 2019.x (up to avid versions released at time of Continuum release) and running macOS 10.12, 10.13, 10.14 (as appropriate for the host version in use):
- Avid Media Composer Media Composer 8.x, 2018.x, 2019.x (up to avid versions released at time of Continuum release) and running Windows 7 Professional (64-bit), Windows 8 Professional or Enterprise (64-bit), and Windows 10 (as appropriate for the host version in use).
Numerous resources are available for helping you get the most out of Boris Continuum Complete.
- Help documents for individual BCC effects are accessible directly from each plug-in’s UI. The entire BCC Help Documention library is also available on the BorisFX website, including access to a downloadable version for browsing Offline BCC Help Documentation.
- BorisTV video tutorials cover a huge range of topics from introductions to the Fundamentals, to deep training Webinar Replays, to in-depth looks at key effects and techniques.
Continuum 2020 (v13.0.2) for AVX - Avid - Compatibility Notes:
While in general your previously saved projects should render identically in the newer version, bug fixes and quality improvements can sometimes change the look of older projects. While every effort is made to ensure project compatibility, the following notable areas may see some change to the look of previously saved projects.
- Particle Illusion now renders particles with correct half-frame timing in interlaced projects which will produce slightly different particle locations on field 2 when field rendering.
- Particle Illusion randomization fixes to some settings will cause the particles to render with different random patterns than before, although the overall look and feel will remain the same.
Continuum 2020 (v13.0.1) for AVX - Avid - Known Issues and Limitations:
- mocha PixelChooser - mocha track data is not saved with presets. To clone mocha tracking data from one effect instance or machine or host to another, you can use the File->Export Project and File->Merge Project options from within the mocha UI or you can copy/paste track data from the clipboard when moving from one mocha UI instance to another. [CO-4250]
- Custom UI views such as the Title Studio UI, FX Browser, License Dialog, or Preferences Dialog don’t fully adapt to High-DPI displays on windows which can cause some fonts to render too small and be difficult to read. [CO-3269]
- Title Studio - Snap to guide - snapping is offset by 2 pixels. [CO-5071]
- Particle Illusion - custom GUI scroll bars do not react to Wacom tablet clicks. [CO-5788]
- Moving Mocha from one monitor to another and relaunching it can cause UI refresh problems with mixed monitor resolutions [CO-5829]