Continuum 2019.0.2 for Apple Final Cut Pro / FxPlug v12.0.2 - Release Notes
Fixes in Continuum (BCC) 12.0.2 for FxPlug:
- Particle Illusion would fail to launch as a plugin on certain systems with non-standard user names or drive paths (with spaces).
- Improved support for certain bundle licensing combinations.
- Tweaks to Text templates.
Continuum 2019.0.2 v12.0.2 (BCC 12.0.2) for FxPlug was released on 2/27/2019.
Continuum 2019.0.2 v12.0.2 for Apple FxPlug officially supports the following host applications:
macOS 10.10, 10.11, 10.12, 10.13, 10.14 (as appropriate for the host version in use):
Final Cut Pro X 10.2, 10.3, and 10.4
Motion 5.2, 5.3, and 5.4
Numerous resources are available for helping you get the most out of Boris Continuum Complete.
- Help documents for individual BCC effects are accessible directly from each plug-in’s UI. The entire BCC Help Documention library is also available on the BorisFX website, including access to a downloadable version for browsing Offline BCC Help Documentation.
- BorisTV video tutorials cover a huge range of topics from introductions to the Fundamentals, to deep training Webinar Replays, to in-depth looks at key effects and techniques.
Continuum 2019.0.2 v12.0.2 for FxPlug Compatibility Notes:
While in general your previously saved projects should render identically in the newer version, bug fixes and quality improvements can sometimes change the look of older projects. While every effort is made to ensure project compatibility, the following notable areas may see some change to the look of previously saved projects.
- Due to host-side threading changes the origional Continuum motion tracker was disabled in newer versions. You should be able to open old projects that used the tracker, but it is not possible to perform new motion tracking analysis in FxPlug hosts at this time.
- The 3D Objects category of filters was deprecated back in Continuum 11. Old projects which used 3D Objects filters will still open normally, but these filters will no longer appear in the effect menus. Please contact customer support if this is a concern.
- OpenGL blur quality enhancements may slightly change perceived blur amount in some filter elements.
- Prism - Fixes to alpha / premultiplication handling will produce different results in intermediate alpha regions.
Continuum 2019.0.2 for FxPlug 12.0.2 - Known Issues and Limitations:
- Continuum 2019 for FxPlug does not include support for mocha tracking/masking, Primatte Studio, Particle Illusion, Title Studio, or the FX Browser at this time.
- In order to comply with host multi-threading requirements BCC Match Grain does not currently support using the Lock Sample checkbox to lock in new grain samples. You can still use Match Grain to render grain matched from an alternate clip by leaving the Lock Sample checkbox disabled, but it is not possible to use the Lock Sample checkbox to store new grain profiles permanently in grain files or presets. However, loading previously saved grain profiles or Match Grain presets will continue to work as before.