Boris RED 5.5.3 was released on 9/5/2014
Changes in RED 5.5.3:
- Official support for Assimilate Scratch.
- Performance improvements in 8bit Edius projects.
Supported Host Environments:
- All releases of RED from v5.5 onward are 64 bit-only on both Mac and Win platforms. 32 bit hosts are still supported with RED v5.4
Help / Training / Support:
Numerous resources are available for helping you get the most out of Boris RED.
- Help documentation is installed locally with the RED software so it can be accessed instantly even without an internet connection. Help documents for each included BCC and FEC effect are available via a help button from directly with each plug-in's UI.
The training links on
offer a rich trove of additional learning materials including:
- BorisTV – The latest video tutorials on wide ranging uses for RED.
- Webinar Replays – deep training by industry experts on a variety of techniques that leverage RED
- Tutorials – step by step guides to creating must have effects.
- Forum Tips – solutions to real world visual effects challenges posed by artists on industry forums.
For technical support, contact Boris RED technical support specialists:
- web: https://borisfx.com/support/
- e-mail: email@example.com