Boris RED 5.5.2 was released on 8/19/2014
Video intro to new Avid titling features in RED 5.5.2 :
Help / Training / Support:
Numerous resources are available for helping you get the most out of Boris RED.
- Help documentation is installed locally with the RED software so it can be accessed instantly even without an internet connection. Help documents for each included BCC and FEC effect are available via a help button from directly with each plug-in's UI.
The training links on
offer a rich trove of additional learning materials including:
- BorisTV – The latest video tutorials on wide ranging uses for RED.
- Webinar Replays – deep training by industry experts on a variety of techniques that leverage RED
- Tutorials – step by step guides to creating must have effects.
- Forum Tips – solutions to real world visual effects challenges posed by artists on industry forums.
For technical support, contact Boris RED technical support specialists:
- web: http://www.borisfx.com/support/
- e-mail: email@example.com
Supported Host Environments:
- All releases of RED from v5.5 onward are 64 bit-only on both Mac and Win platforms. 32 bit hosts are still supported with RED v5.4
New features in RED 5.5.2:
New Boris RED Titler option in Avid for faster and easier titling workflows:
- Applying the Boris RED Titler effect option in Avid automatically creates a RED timeline with a text track and a background video reference track.
- Applying the Boris RED Titler effect option in Avid creates a window layout tailored especially for titling with instant access to the RED vector title generator.
- New "Multi-filter" controls enable the filtering of RED titles or compositions by native BCC AVX or FEC AVX filters independently of the background video track in Avid hosts. RED now shares the same multi-filter stack support that BCC and FEC offer which allows preserving alpha channels between separate effects.