Boris Continuum Complete AVX [Avid] 10.0.5 Release Notes
BCC AVX 10.0.5 was released on 2/10/2017 and is an update to:
- Boris Continuum Complete AVX 10.0.2 ( BCC AVX 10.0.2 Release Notes )
- Boris Continuum Complete AVX 10.0.1 ( BCC AVX 10.0.1 Release Notes )
- Boris Continuum Complete AVX 10.0.0 ( BCC AVX 10.0.0 Release Notes )
Enhancements in BCC AVX 10.0.5:
- Floating RLM License Server:
- BCC now supports an RLM floating license server model for enterprise facilities.
- mocha PixelChooser GPU enhancements:
- Improved OpenCL tracking accuracy.
- Improved OpenCL tracking performance.
- EZ Mode in more filters:
- EZ Mode support was added in Bump Map, Cartoon Look, Fast Lens Blur, Film Glow, Film Process, Magic Sharp, Smooth Tone, Two Strip Color, Water Color, Vignette.
- 3D Objects + Title Studio Performance:
- Major performance enhancements for all 3D Objects filters including Title Studio on many GPU models.
- Title Studio FX Browser/Advanced UI toggle:
- New FX Browser / Advanced UI mode buttons next to the Cancel/Apply buttons allow jumping directly between the FX Browser and Advanced UI views in Title Studio. No need to return to the host UI anymore to switch between views.
- Title Studio FX Browser text entry improvements:
- Text entry workflow in the FX Browser has been re-engineered for easier and more flexible use. The new "Use Current Timeline Text" checkbox controls whether the preset is rendered with the text that was originally saved with the preset or with the text already present in the timeline before the FX Browser was launched. Additionally if you type in your own custom text it will always use the custom text entry as opposed to the timeline's text or the preset's text. This simplifies browsing through preset templates since the original preset text is preserved by default, yet it also supports the ability to customize text in the FX Browser as well as the ability to use the previously entered timeline text with new presets if desired.
- Numerous bug fixes
What's New in BCC AVX 10 (Summary of major changes since BCC9):
- mocha planar tracking integrated directly into the PixelChooser.
- 8 new effects:
- Beauty Studio
- Dropout Fixer
- Fast Lens Blur
- Light Leaks
- Title Studio
- Video Glitch
- 5 new transitions:
- Cross Glitch
- Cross Melt
- Cross Zoom
- Lens Blur Dissolve
- Light Leaks Dissolve
- PixelChooser re-engineered for streamlined UI, enhanced shape masking, and robust color keying (in addition to mocha spline tracking).
- Greater use of OpenCL and OpenGL for GPU acceleration in filters such as Beauty Studio, Title Studio, Fast Lens Blur, Lens Blur Dissolve, and many more.
- New OpenCL rendering engine for enhanced performance and robustness in OpenCL accelerated filters.
- FX Browser™ support in 3D Objects family of effects.
- Change text fields directly from FX Browser™ in 3D objects filters.
- Fast Film Glow:
- Render quality improvements - particularly on alpha clips.
- Additional standard features such as Compare Mode, PixelChooser with mocha, and Beat Reactor.
- 2x performance improvement in interlaced AVX projects.
- Fast Film Process:
- Improved OpenCL rendering.
- Additional standard features such as Compare Mode and PixelChooser with mocha.
- New textures in BCC Grunge.
- Advanced Optical Flow option in BCC Motion Blur.
- Added View Current Matte feature to Chroma Key Studio.
- New presets for many key filters such as Fast Film Process, Fast Film Glow, Grunge, Glare, Glint, and Glitter.
- Streamlined effect categories with deprecated filters moved to Obsolete category.
- Enhanced 4K support in Open GL filters. All filters work seemlessly in 4K with no need to set the 4K Buffers preference setting.
- Smaller installers for faster downloads and reduced installation footprint.
- Direct online documentation is now used in place of local doc files to ensure access to latest revisions.
- BCC Prism - Improved default settings generating a smooth Chromatic Aberration look.
- BCC Glare - Improved default settings generating a more typical glare look.
- 3D Objects Category - New Constant Scale option allowing greater control over bevels as Extrusion Depth changes.
- BCC Witness Protection - Now includes PixelChooser with mocha tracking. Mocha support enables obscuring multiple separate faces/logos in a single effect instance with highly robust tracking.
- RLM Floating Licensing model for enterprise installations.
- Numerous bug fixes.
BCC AVX 10 supports the following Avid host applications:
- Avid Media Composer 6.5, 7, and 8.x running Macintosh OS™ X 10.8, 10.9, 10.10, 10.11, and 10.12.
- Avid Symphony 6.5, 7, and 8.x running Macintosh OS™ X 10.8, 10.9, 10.0, 10.11, and 10.12.
- Avid Media Composer Media Composer 6.5, 7, and 8.x running Windows 7 Professional (64-bit), Windows 8 Professional or Enterprise (64-bit), and Windows 10.
- Avid Symphony 6.5, 7, and 8.x running Windows 7 Professional (64-bit), Windows 8 Professional or Enterprise (64-bit), and Windows 10.
- Avid NewsCutter running Windows 7 Professional (64-bit), Windows 8 Professional or Enterprise (64-bit), and Windows 10.
Numerous resources are available for helping you get the most out of Boris Continuum Complete.
- Help documents for individual BCC effects are accessible directly from each plug-in’s UI. The entire BCC Help Documention library is also available on the BorisFX website, including access to a downloadable version for browsing offline BCC Help Documentation.
- BorisTV video tutorials cover a huge range of topics from introductions to the Fundamentals, to deep training Webinar Replays, to in-depth looks at key effects and techniques.
BCC AVX 10.x Compatibility Notes:
While in general your previously saved projects should render identically in the newer version, bug fixes and quality improvements can sometimes change the look of older projects. While every effort is made to ensure project compatibility, the following notable areas may see some change to the look of previously saved projects.
- Render quality improvements in Fast Film Glow when applied to alpha clips may result in some changes to glow brightness and/or extent.
- Render quality improvements with Extrusion Styles in 3D Objects filters may result in changes to the extrusion thickness.
- Rays Dissolve - a fix to the Region Animation rotation control will cause the region size to appear slightly larger when opening saved projects which used the Region Animation option.
- 3D Objects - Faces with partial opacity now render with more accurate combined opacities from multiple overlapping faces. This may require re-tweaking the opacity if you used partially transparent faces in saved 3D Objects projects.
BCC AVX 10.0.5 - Known Issues and Limitations:
- Combining 3D Objects filters with other OpenGL accelerated BCC filters such as Lens Flare 3D or Grunge requires at least 2GB graphics card memory for HD projects and higher for 4K. 
- PixelChooser - shape feathering option is not implemented in OpenGL filters. 
- mocha PixelChooser - mocha track data is not saved with presets. To clone mocha tracking data from one effect instance or machine or host to another, you can use the File->Export Project and File->Merge Project options from within the mocha UI. 
- mocha PixelChooser - tracking data does not adjust if the user changes the clip trim on the front end of the clip after tracking. The clip will need to be re-tracked if the trim is changed on the front. You can minimize the amount of re-tracking by re-aligning the contours within the mocha UI with the Ubey-key, offsetting the contour to re-align it, and then re-tracking the remainder as necessary. 
- PixelChooser - Circle and Egg Shape can show stretched shapes or feathering when in interlaced projects and set to Speed Optimized. As a workaround you can change the Fields menu in the General Controls group to Quality Optimized. 
- PixelChooser - Circle and Egg Shape modes render incorrectly in OpenGL filters on Avid. 
- PixelChooser- feathering always uses a mirror-edge treatment which can cause masks near the edge of the screen to extend instead of fading. 
- Geometrics drop shadow option in OpenGL filters can produce unexpected colors. 
- Optical Stabilizer, inserting a transition at the head of the stabilized clip makes it lose stabilization & the filter has to be re-analyzed. 
- Title Studio Plugin Mac - Menu Bar doesn't update back when toggling apps until you cancel or apply from Title Studio UI. 
- BCC Motion Blur now includes an Advanced optical flow option which uses OpenCL hardware assisted rendering to implement a more sophisticated (and more computationally intensive) motion vector analysis. The performance of the Advance mode varies widely from one graphics card to another and if you see reduced performance or unexpected results when using the Advanced option it is recommended that you switch to the Simple mode on that card. [706 + 1094]
- mocha PixelChooser - export to BCC motion tracker formats requires the host application be set to full resolution for the exported track data to be correctly scaled. 
- Title Studio - The Frame Cache is not automatically Purged when you manually change the PAR (pixel aspect ratio). 
- Custom UI views such as the Title Studio UI, FX Browser, License Dialog, or Preferences Dialog don't adapt to High-DPI displays on windows which can cause some fonts to render too small and be difficult to read.