Boris Continuum Complete 7.0.4 AE supports the following host applications:
Macintosh:Adobe CS3, CS4, CS5.
Windows:Adobe CS3, CS4, CS5.
Macintosh:Max OSX 10.5 and higher
Windows:Windows 7 32/64, Windows Vista 32/64, XP 32/64
New with this Version:
- On-Screen parameter control widgets
- Improved AE 3D camera integration
- Optical Stabilizer optimizations, improvement in performance
- Improvements to text generator on Mac platform
- Keyboard shortcuts in the text generator window now function as expected
Notes on On-Screen parameter control widgets:
Most every filter in BCC 7 now features several parameter control widgets that appear over the filtered image in the composite window. By including widgets for only the most commonly used parameters, this feature makes the set-up of the filter an easier and faster process. Widgets can be disabled on a filter-by-filter basis via a conveniently located checkbox at the top of each filter in the set.
Notes on 3D Objects Filters:
- AE 3D Camera integration is improved and will now realistically remain locked to other elements in a 3D scene when rendering with the AE Comp Camera and the camera is moved offaxis.
- Text Window Controls: Style Skew, Text Hue, Text Scale controls have been added to the Mac 64 bit version to match the Windows 32 / 64 bit and Mac 32 bit versions.
- Because of current limitations in the (Core Text) system architecture the Top Down Text feature is no longer presented as top down in the text entry panel when the Top Down feature is selected. It will however correctly render the text Top Down in both the preview window and the final render to disc.
- As a result of the differences in the 32 bit and 64 bit versions, some text styles may look different when opening a project in 64 bit hosts that originated in 32 bit. Use the reset Style button in the Text Generator window to remove all style attributes if necessary.
Notes on the Optical Stabilizer filter:
- The autoscale option in the post processing group is now ON by default. Saved projects that had this option off will have to be adjusted and resaved.
- The region set-up choice that was removed from the Mode pop-up list to simplify the workflow for BCC 7.0.3 has been returned in BCC 7.0.4. Region X and Y controls are once again displayed in the parameter stack.
Known Issues and limitations:
The following is a listing of the known problems in the product at time of shipping:
- CS5 After Effects: Projects that have been saved at less than full resolution can cause BCC 3D Objects filters to incorrectly render only a portion of the screen. Resaving the project at full resolution and re-rendering solves this problem.
- CS5 After Effects: The BCC Extrude EPS filter does not maintain its link to the original EPS file when opening a project in CS5 that was originated in CS4. The EPS file must be re-linked manually after opening the project.
- CS5 After Effects: The BCC Extruded Text filter can sometimes not see certain non-standard fonts when opening a project in CS5 that originated in CS4.
- CS4 Premiere Pro: The built in motion tracker will not function as expected with HD clips that have new in/out points.
- BCC Tile Mosaic: The Emboss function in this filter is not working on Macintosh.
- BCC Pin Art and Particle Array: Anti-aliasing doesn’t apply to edges of custom shapes created by a texture with alpha.
- BCC Pin Art and Particle Array - artifacts when using Noise Waves and vertical line (and grid) particles
- CS3/4 Premiere Pro Windows 7/64bit: Drop down Presets menu does not work for any of the BCC 7 filters. Note: You are able to Load the presets through L button
- Beat Reactor: Extraneous keyframe created at position of CTI. Note, this always happens the first time you apply Beat Reactor.
- CS3 Premiere Pro Macintosh: Applying any BCC OpenGL Category filter to a Premiere Generator will result in host instability.
- CS4: Adjusting parameters in BCC filters can result in the filter controls not redrawing correctly. Should this occur, twirling the filter closed and then open can help correct the issue.
- CS4 Premiere Pro Window 7/64 bit: Adjusting parameters for Map Controls feature in some filters causes Premiere Pro to generate a “Premiere Pro Not Responding” message.
- BCC 7 AE Optical Stabilizer will lose it’s analyze data if the media FPS does not match the comp FPS.