Seamlessly Transfer Apple Final Cut Pro Program Sequences to Adobe After Effects
Marlborough MA - April 19, 2010 - Boris FX, the leading developer of integrated effects technology for video and film, today announced Boris XML Transfer Version 2. Boris XML Transfer is an Adobe After Effects plug-in designed for seamless transfer of Apple Final Cut Pro program sequences to After Effects. The plug-in preserves all aspects of a Final Cut Pro project including effects, audio, media clips, transitions, and geometric transformations. Version 2 has been fully re-designed for 64-bit platforms and provides support for the forthcoming Adobe After Effects CS5 release.
Boris XML Transfer Feature Highlights
- Clips Remain Fully Editable. All trimmed Final Cut Pro clips remain fully-editable in After Effects as stepped-up or stepped-down layers. Audio levels, pans, and cross-fades are accurately preserved and effects settings and keyframe animations are fully translated.
- MultiCam Editing. Boris XML Transfer takes special care to preserve multi-clip edits.
- Boris Continuum Complete and Final Effects Complete Compatibility. BCC and FEC effects provide the same look and keyframe values for every parameter.
- Native Final Cut Pro Effects Translation. Many native Final Cut Pro effects are translated into corresponding After Effects features that match the effects' look and behavior.
- Familiar Look and Feel. Translated After Effects projects will look very familiar to Final Cut Pro editors. User marks, comments and labels for clips and sequences, and all user-defined names are carried across from Final Cut Pro to After Effects.
- No Transcoding or File Duplication Required. QuickTime-based media files are immediately available in After Effects without the need for transcoding or file duplication.
Pricing and Availability
Boris XML Transfer v2 for Macintosh OS X is immediately available through the Boris FX worldwide reseller channel and direct from the Boris FX web site at www.borisfx.com for an MSRP of $299 USD. Version 2 is a free update for Boris XML Transfer Version 1 users. A full-functioning 14-day trial version is available for free download.
About Boris FX
Founded in 1995, Boris FX is the leading developer of integrated graphics and effects technology, delivering 3D compositing and vector graphic products for broadcast, post-production, film, and multimedia. Boris products have grown to serve millions of artists worldwide. The company's success lies in its ability to integrate and leverage technologies through strong partnerships with industry-leading developers such as Adobe, Apple, Autodesk, Avid, Grass Valley, and Sony.