The redesigned visual effects plugin suite features 90 GPU-accelerated effects, 1000+ drag and drop presets, and a streamlined workflow up to 10x faster than previous versions.
Boston, Massachusetts, U.S.A — July 14, 2021 — Boris FX’s Continuum FCP 2021.5 delivers a new simple yet powerful workflow that allows Final Cut Pro editors to quickly add Hollywood-style film, lighting, and title effects to promos, indies, and documentaries. Continuum FCP 2021.5 is now available with a new affordable subscription pricing model: annual ($195) or monthly ($25).
Boris FX Continuum FCP 2021 (Download the image)
“We’re excited to bring Final Cut Pro editors the newest incarnation of Continuum FCP. The 2021.5 release centers itself around ease of use. Every element of the product has been redesigned,” states Boris Yamnitsky, president and founder, Boris FX. “Each included effect is GPU-accelerated, comes packed with drag and drop presets, and can be previewed, applied, and customized directly within the new FX Editor interface. Continuum FCP 2021.5 gives FCP editors the ability to quickly test out stunning film looks and effects in seconds.”
“The new Continuum FCP filters and effects are snappy and intuitive with the trademark customizable parameters of all Boris FX products,” says Steve Strickland, co-founder of award-winning motion design studio SugarSkullCreative. “Continuum FCP 2021.5 is the fuel you need to boost your FCP workflow — from the ability to stack and create your own looks with the amazing FX Editor to the cinematographer toolkit with its arsenal of looks, gobos, and amazing flares.”
- 90 cinematic effects: GPU-accelerated, HDR-compliant, include OCIO color management tools
- Color grades: Developed by the world’s leading colorists and named after Academy Award-nominated films
- Film stocks: Based on physical scans from renowned film stock developers: Agfa, Fuji, Kodak, Ilford, Polaroid, and Rollei
- Realistic lens flares: Choose a preset or fully customize flares using the Flare Editor interface
- Optical filter emulators: Instantly apply the digital equivalent of a glass optical filter
- Gobo preset library: Add realistic lighting and shadow effects using 750+ gobos organized in seven categories — Abstract, Doors, Elements, Foliage, Snowflakes, Textures, and Windows
- Light rays and glows: Add volumetric and atmospheric lighting effects quickly
- Lighting & photographic gels: The digital equivalent of the Kodak® Wratten photographic lens gel system with 300 mood-setting presets
- FX Editor: A streamlined custom interface that allows users to quickly browse the full preset library, apply it, or change any element of a preset, and save it
- 1000+ presets: Professionally designed, customizable
- Texture generator: 100+ customizable textures
- Titling & lower thirds: 20+ drag and drop auto-animating title templates
Pricing & Availability
Continuum FCP 2021.5 is available as an annual or monthly subscription, permanent license, and upgrade options with plugin host application support for FCP and Motion.
Continuum FCP 2021.5 runs seamlessly on Apple M1 computers with native M1 support coming soon.
- Single license: $295
- Upgrades start at $195
- Annual subscription: $195
- Monthly subscription: $25
Customers on current Continuum FCP subscriptions or upgrade and support plans receive a free update to Continuum FCP 2021.5.
In order to support FCP projects using legacy versions of Continuum FCP (2020 or older), the new Continuum FCP 2021.5 release can be run in tandem with legacy versions.
About Boris FX
Founded in 1995, Boris FX is a leading developer of VFX, compositing, titling, video editing, and workflow tools for broadcast, post-production, and film professionals. Boris FX products have grown to serve over a million artists worldwide. The company’s success lies in its ability to tightly integrate and leverage technologies through strong partnerships with Adobe, Apple, Avid, Blackmagic Design, Autodesk, Grass Valley, Magix, and other leading developers of video editing software. In 2014, Boris FX acquired Imagineer Systems, the Academy Award-winning developer of Mocha planar tracking software. In 2016, Boris FX acquired GenArts, the developer of Emmy Award-winning Sapphire, the gold standard plugin package for high-end visual effects. In 2019, Boris FX acquired Academy and Emmy Award-winning SilhouetteFX and Digital Film Tools for advanced feature film rotoscoping, painting, and effects.
Jessie Electa Petrov
Director of Marketing, Boris FX