The mid-year update adds significant 3D motion design tools to Particle Illusion, 9 new cinematic effects, and over new 200 presets.
Boston, Massachusetts, U.S.A — June 23, 2021 — Boris FX Continuum builds upon the biggest release in the plugin’s history with its mid-year update. Continuum 2021.5 delivers more robust Particle Illusion controls with fully 3D functionality, speedy new creative effects, and new must-have workflows to Adobe and Avid users.
“Continuum’s product team is constantly looking for ways to improve upon each release and provide our subscription and upgrade & support members with greater value throughout the year,” says Boris Yamnitsky, Boris FX President and Founder. “The 2021.5 update brings together many new user-requested features with new visual effects to give artists endless creative opportunities. Editors, VFX artists, and motion designers will love the new easy-to-use, time-saving tools.”
Boris FX Continuum 2021.5 (Download image)
“Particle Illusion’s new Node View makes parameter navigation super easy, which is especially useful when working with complex emitter setups or some of the splashy new 3D Emitter presets,” states Ra-Ey Saleh, unscripted TV editor and colorist (Discovery, TLC, Animal Planet, History, National Geographic). “You’ll wonder how you ever worked without it — and it just looks so cool!”
“Continuum is the go-to toolkit for everything an Avid editor needs to get their jobs done. Whether it’s creative effects or tools to fix issues, I always say Continuum has an effect for that,” says Kevin P. McAuliffe, senior editor, and popular Avid trainer. “The 2021.5 release not only adds more in-camera effects to its Cinematographer Toolkit (BCC+ effects) but also includes excellent new under the hood integration with Avid. We can now use Continuum’s Apply to Title Matte Option in Avid with any of the BCC+ effects, which opens up tons of new fun stylized options when working on titles and lower thirds.
Continuum 2021.5 Highlights:
- New! Particle Illusion — Node View: Select any particle node in the tree and corresponding parameters instantly display in the control panel
- New! Particle Illusion — 3D Emitter Shapes, Forces, Deflectors, and Emission: From flat 2D to true 3D
- New! Particle Illusion — Deep Integration with After Effects: Emitters can trace AE native live text and mask layers and emitters can attach to host native lights and 3D layers
- New! Particle Illusion — Emitter Presets: Stunning drag and drop presets added to the included Emitter Library
- New! 9 GPU-accelerated, HDR-compliant cinematic effects: BCC+Multi-Star, BCC+Vignette, BCC+FilmGrunge, BCC+TwoStrip, BCC+Flashing, BCC+Composite, BCC+F-Stop, BCC+Fluorescent, and BCC+Haze; includes over 200 drag and drop presets
- New! Avid infrastructure controls added to all BCC+ filters: Apply to Title Matte Option, Safe Levels Option, and True Bypass Switch
Continuum 2021.5 is available as a subscription (starts at $195/year or at $25/month), perpetual license $695 (and up), and upgrade $195 (and up). Plugin host support includes Adobe After Effects and Premiere Pro, Avid Media Composer, and OFX hosts Blackmagic DaVinci Resolve, Foundry Nuke, and VEGAS Pro.
Current annual subscription and upgrade & support plan customers receive a complimentary upgrade to Continuum 2021.5.
Upcoming Live Stream: Join the Boris FX product team for an exclusive first look at Continuum 2021.5 on Wednesday, June 23, 2021, at 5:00 pm EDT/2:00 pm PDT. Watch on borisfxlive.com.
About Boris FX
Founded in 1995, Boris FX is a leading developer of VFX, compositing, titling, video editing, and workflow tools for broadcast, post-production, and film professionals. Boris FX products have grown to serve over a million artists worldwide. The company’s success lies in its ability to tightly integrate and leverage technologies through strong partnerships with Adobe, Apple, Avid, Blackmagic Design, Autodesk, Grass Valley, Magix, and other leading developers of video editing software. In 2014, Boris FX acquired Imagineer Systems, the Academy Award-winning developer of Mocha planar tracking software. In 2016, Boris FX acquired GenArts, the developer of Sapphire, the gold standard plug-in package for high-end visual effects. In 2019, Boris FX acquired Academy Award-winning SilhouetteFX and Digital Film Tools for advanced feature film rotoscoping, painting, and effects.
Jessie Electa Petrov
Director of Marketing, Boris FX