FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Boris FX Launches Boris Continuum Complete 10 for Adobe Premiere Pro CC and After Effects CC
New BCC 10 plug-ins from Boris FX bring advanced finishing tools, 3D titling, and integrated mocha planar tracking & masking to Creative Cloud professional video apps
Boston, Massachusetts, USA – December 14, 2015
Boris Continuum Complete 10 (BCC 10) is a new package of professional plug-ins available for Adobe® Creative Cloud® video applications. Highlights include integrated mocha ® technology for advanced masking and effects isolation; BCC Beauty Studio , a skin smoothing and retouching filter; and BCC Title Studio , Boris FX’s next generation 2D/3D titling and motion graphics plug-in. BCC 10 for Adobe was designed to give professional video editors and motion graphics artists working with Adobe video applications complementary creative tools for television/film post-production and broadcast finishing. For current BCC 9 users, the low-cost upgrade to BCC 10 adds many new image effects and transition plug-ins for creative looks including Video Glitch, Light Leaks, Cross Melt and more.
The recent merger between Boris FX and Imagineer Systems, the Academy Award-winning developer of mocha Planar Tracking tools, brings two development teams together for the largest Adobe targeted plug-in release in the company’s history. One major result of this collaboration is that with BCC 10 , Adobe Premiere® Pro CC editors now have the ability to access the powerful mocha tools from their timeline that were previously only available to Adobe After Effects® users. BCC 10 for Adobe builds upon the strength of past releases to deliver a comprehensive package of 250+ plug-ins and thousands of creative presets.
BCC 10 for Adobe: New Features
- Integrated mocha mask tracking in PixelChooser: Imagineer’s Academy Award-winning mocha planar tracking and masking engine is integrated inside the BCC PixelChooser allowing editors to do more advanced finishing work without leaving the editing timeline.
- BCC Beauty Studio is a new skin retouching tool designed to smooth skin and reduce blemishes making talent look better. A state-of-the-art keying algorithm quickly isolates skin tones, while retaining natural sharpness and contrast.
- BCC Title Studio is a next generation 2D/3D titling and motion graphics tool for designing and animating title opens, lower thirds, and credit sequences at any resolution. OpenGL-accelerated features include extrusions, materials, cameras, lights, and deformers for advanced title creation. Includes support for Maxon Cinema 4D models, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop and features a custom user interface for simple to complex title creation.
- New Tools for Image Restoration: BCC Remover fills in missing pixels and removes objects with clone and auto-fill options. BCC Dropout Fixer restores tape-based damaged footage with field dropouts. BCC Reframe is designed to reformat and stylize “vertical cell phone” video footage into a standard 16×9 aspect for broadcast.
- New Effects & Filters: BCC Light Leaks adds organic and naturalistic “in-camera” light and exposure effects to stylize and enhance footage. BCC Video Glitch recreates the distressed look of compression artifacts, signal loss, and corrupt digital video.
- New Transitions: Four new transitions have been added with many pre-built presets. BCC Cross Glitch mimics abrupt digital signal transitions. BCC Cross Melt conveys a new organic look and feel. BCC Light Leaks Dissolve creates a light exposure-based transition. BCC Cross Zoom combines zoom, glow, and dissolve into one simple transition.
“We are thrilled to be offering complementary tools to the Adobe professional video community,” explains Boris Yamnitsky, president and founder of Boris FX. “ BCC 10 builds on our company history of developing advanced and accelerated 3D titling, effects, and finishing tools. The addition of Title Studio, Beauty Studio, mocha , new filters, and new transitions makes this our largest release for Adobe users. Beta testers have given us excellent feedback and are already loving the depth and versatility of this updated plug-in package. We now look forward to delivering BCC 10 for other host applications including Blackmagic Design DaVinci Resolve & Fusion and NUKE from The Foundry. ”
“Boris FX and Imagineer each have a track record of creating high-quality tools for broadcast and film professionals and BCC 10 combines their technologies,” says Sue Skidmore, partner relations, Adobe . “Adobe Premiere Pro CC and After Effects CC provide the advanced capabilities our professional users expect. Now with BCC 10 for Adobe Premiere Pro CC and After Effects , Adobe video editors and motion graphic artists have even more options for post-production and finishing.”
BCC 10 for Adobe: Pricing & Availability
- Full license ($995 USD MSRP)
- Upgrade ($295 USD MSRP)
BCC 10 for Adobe is now available and compatible with Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2015, After Effects CC 2015 and historical versions going back to CS6.
Live Webinar Event: December 17
On December 17 at 1pm EST, join Boris FX & special guest presenter Nick Harauz, certified Adobe trainer, for a 1 hour webinar training session on the new BCC 10 features. Three lucky attendees will win a 1 year membership to Adobe Creative Cloud. Register for the webinar now. RSVP here.
About Boris FX
Boris FX is a leading developer of VFX, compositing, titling, video editing, and workflow tools for broadcast, post-production, and film professionals. Boris FX products have grown to serve over a million artists worldwide. The company’s success lies in its ability to tightly integrate and leverage technologies through strong partnerships with Adobe, Apple, Autodesk, Avid, Blackmagic DaVinci Resolve, Grass Valley, Nexidia, Sony, and other leading developers of video editing software. Boris FX was founded in 1995 and is headquartered in Boston, MA, USA. In January 2015, Imagineer Systems was acquired by Boris FX.
All trademarks used herein, whether recognized or not, are the properties of their respective companies.