The Swiss Army Knife of Visual Effects" Now Available to Sony Vegas Pro 10 Editors
Marlborough MA - October 11, 2010 - Boris FX, the leading developer of integrated effects technology for video and film, today announced the immediate availability of Boris Continuum Complete 7 for Sony Vegas Pro (BCC 7 for Vegas Pro). Based on the Open Effects Assocation (OFX) platform, BCC 7 for Vegas Pro gives Sony editors a comprehensive collection of over 140 visual effects plug-ins. Customizable presets allow editors to quickly create high-end effects with no learning curve. Effects can be selectively applied via channel or region-based masks. All filters take advantage of either multi-processing or OpenGL hardware acceleration.
"Boris Continuum Complete gives Sony Vegas Pro 10 customers one of the most complete and useful plug-in suites ever created," commented Dave Chaimson, VP worldwide marketing, Sony Creative Software. "Vegas Pro users will particularly appreciate BCC 7 for Vegas Pro's robust keying tools as well as its integrated motion tracking capabilities."
Boris Continuum Complete 7 for Sony Vegas Pro Feature Highlights
- Professional Chroma Key Compositing . BCC 7 for Vegas Pro facilitates the creation of precise keys with a minimal amount of adjustment. The chroma key filters allow editors to control background filtering or matting, edge softening and refinement, and light wrapping and reflections to produce seamless composites.
- Automated Motion Tracking . Powerful, specialized filters allow editors to recover motion data from a clip and then use the data to apply effects. For example, BCC Witness Protection allows editors to track a logo on a t-shirt and apply a blur to obscure the logo. Mosaic, tint, or brightness/contrast effects could also be applied to the specified area.
- PixelChooser Technology . The Boris PixelChooser masking system is built in to most BCC 7 for Vegas Pro filters giving editors ultimate control by allowing them to selectively apply BCC filters to video via region or channel-based mattes.
- High-quality Image Restoration Tools . BCC for Vegas Pro includes tools for smoothing and softening skin imperfections and removing jaggies, DV compression artifacts, and unwanted noise from image clips.
- Popular Film Effects include Film Process, Glow, Match Grain, and Film Damage, allowing editors to create the warm organic look of film in seconds.
- Dazzling Light Effects include Rays, Glints, Glitters, Lens Flares, and Lightning, allowing editors to create just the right mood for titling effects and animated backgrounds.
- Painterly Effects simulate pencil-sketched images, the wash look of a water color painting, a rotoscope toon-animation look, and charcoal drawings.
- Realistic In-Camera Effects include Lens Blur for emulating a rack defocus effect where out-of-focus highlights of an image clip take on the shape of the lens shutter.
- Stylized Effects include LED, Damaged TV, Tile Mosaic, Prism, and Halftone.
- Thousands of Customizable Presets provide a broad selection of pre-built effects. Presets can be saved and shared with other editors - even across host applications and platforms.
- Interactive Effects Design Experience . Every BCC for Vegas Pro filter is either OpenGL-based or multiprocessor-accelerated for ultimate rendering speed.
Pricing and Availability
Boris Continuum Complete 7 for Sony Vegas Pro is available immediately through the Boris FX worldwide reseller channel and direct through www.borisfx.com for an introductory MSRP of $595 USD. The introductory price is available until November 19, 2010. The regular MSRP will be $995 USD. A free, full functioning 14-day Trial Version is available for immediate download.
About Boris FX
Founded in 1995, Boris FX is the leading developer of integrated graphics and effects technology, delivering 3D compositing and vector graphic products for broadcast, post-production, film, and multimedia. Boris products have grown to serve millions of artists worldwide. The company's success lies in its ability to integrate and leverage technologies through strong partnerships with industry-leading developers such as Adobe, Apple, Autodesk, Avid, Grass Valley, and Sony.