New Green Dot RT (real-time) effects and performance improvements, enhanced text support on Mac and Windows platforms, compatibility with the latest Avid systems
Boston, MA, USA - May 16, 2014 - Boris FX, the leading developer of integrated VFX and workflow solutions for video and film, announces Boris RED 5.5. Boris RED is a plug-in application for high-end text, transitions, and advanced composites inside Avid Media Composer, Avid Symphony, and Avid NewsCutter editing software. Boris RED 5.5 is a successor to Avid FX, previously bundled with all Avid editing solutions.
" Workflow enhancements and the speed of Real-Time previews are welcome additions to Boris RED for Avid ," comments Vik Narayan, National Video Editor at the Scripps Washington Bureau and a long-time Avid editor, " With limitless options for text treatments, Boris Red is my go-to titling solution. I never need to look elsewhere ."
" The new release is a testament to our commitment to the Avid platform and to our continued efforts to improve upon our text and graphics toolsets ," says Boris Yamnitsky, Boris FX Founder and CEO.
Boris RED 5.5 Feature Highlights:
- RT (real-time) Filters and Transitions. Improved performance and new integration with Avid software allow for near real-time preview of titles, transitions, and effects.
- Full Compatibility with Previous Avid FX Projects. Open legacy Media Composer projects in Media Composer/Symphony 8 and edit Avid FX titles and effects with Boris RED 5.5.
- Improved Text Tool Uniformity. The text tool in the Boris FX toolbar is added to Mac platforms to match the previous Windows toolbar. Text can now be typed and manipulated directly in the Boris RED preview panel.
- Improved Text Window Look And Feel. Numeric sidebars for accurate text sizing have been added for Windows users.
- Avid Media Composer 8, Symphony 8, and NewsCutter Compatibility. Starting with version 5.5, Boris RED will support all future versions of Avid editing and finishing applications.
Pricing and Availability
Boris RED 5.5 will be available at the end of May 2014 for $995 (MSRP USD). Purchases can be made direct through the Boris FX website ( www.borisfx.com ) and through the worldwide reseller channel or by calling 888-77-BORIS.
Owners of previous versions of Avid FX (now Boris RED), including the bundled version from Avid Media Composer, Avid Symphony, and Avid Newscutter can upgrade to Boris RED 5.5 for $295 (MSRP USD).
Customers who purchased Boris RED 5.5 will be eligible for an upgrade to Boris RED 6, a major release slated for later this year. Users of Boris RED 5 are entitled to a free upgrade to 5.5.
A free 14-day trial version will be available from www.borisfx.com .
About Boris FX
Founded in 1995, Boris FX is a leading developer of VFX, compositing, titling, video editing, and workflow tools for broadcast, post-production, and film professionals. Boris FX products have grown to serve over a million artists worldwide. The company's success lies in its ability to tightly integrate and leverage technologies through strong partnerships with Adobe, Apple, Autodesk, Avid, Grass Valley, Nexidia, Sony, and other leading developers of video editing software.
Jessie Electa Petrov
Director of Marketing, Boris FX
All trademarks used herein, whether recognized or not, are the properties of their respective companies.