Available Now for Final Cut Pro 7, Public Beta for Final Cut Pro X and Motion 5
Boston, MA - November 27, 2012 - Boris FX, the leading developer of integrated VFX and workflow technology for video and film, today announced Boris Continuum Complete 8 FxPlug (BCC 8 FxPlug). BCC 8 FxPlug delivers 200+ comprehensive VFX filters to Apple Final Cut Pro 7, Apple Final Cut Pro X, and Apple Motion 5. Enhanced lens flares, particles, glows, and lights and new FxPlug 2 integration headline the Version 8 release.
"Boris Continuum Complete is the most comprehensive VFX plug-in collection available for Final Cut Pro and Motion, giving editors and motion graphics artists precise control over hundreds of parameters for customized effects creation," commented Larry Jordan, Founder, Larry Jordan and Associates. "Version 8 introduces a new template system for Final Cut Pro X which makes it easier than ever for editors to review effects so they can quickly achieve their desired look."
Saving time and post-production budgets, Boris Continuum Complete gives editors and motion graphics artists the power to create high-quality broadcast graphics and perform project-saving image restorations within Final Cut Pro. A whopping 200+ filters include extruded text, 3D particle effects, image restoration and touchup tools, true 3D lens flares and volumetric lighting effects, keys and mattes, color grading tools, time-based effects, blurs, glows, stylish auto-animating transitions, and cinematic effects such as film glow, film grain, and film process looks.
Boris Continuum Complete 8 FxPlug New Feature Highlights
- New Final Cut Pro X Templates allow editors to quickly achieve powerful VFX with great-looking, easy-to-use Glows, Lights, Particles, and Tilt-Shift effects. In addition to taking advantage of the Final Cut Pro X templates included with BCC 8 FxPlug, editors are able to create their own FCP X templates with BCC FxPlug in Motion 5, and access and reuse these templates in FCP X without going back to Motion 5.
- All-New Final Cut Pro X Transitions. . BCC FxPlug features all-new designer transition effects for FCP X ranging from lens flares and lens blurs to organic wipes and dissolves.
- Extrusions for Final Cut Pro X. BCC FxPlug gives FCP X users first-ever access to powerful extrusion filters that make it easy to create 3D objects using text and shapes. The Extruded Text filter creates stunning 3D text elements. Extruded EPS provides an easy way to import and extrude Adobe Illustrator layered vector logos. Type-on Text creates animated text type-ons that fly in from behind or toward the camera or slide into view from the top, left, bottom, or right of the screen either letter-by-letter, word-by-word, or line-by-line. Layer Deformer generates useful 3D shapes such as planes, cubes, spheres, and cylinders and deforms these objects using built-in vertex and pixel shaders.
- Beat Reactor Technology is now built into many BCC FxPlug filters, making it easy to generate audio-driven effects such as a pulsing light or glow.
- Built-in Masking System for Final Cut Pro X. Many BCC FxPlug filters feature PixelChooser, a totally unique built-in masking system. This easy-to-use system allows editors to selectively apply a BCC filter to video by matting out a portion of the image based on criteria ranging from color channel information to simple geometric shapes.
- Built-in Motion Tracking for Final Cut Pro X. Built-in, automated motion tracking allows editors to animate layers based on one or more user-selected tracking points, facilitating day-to-day tasks such as match-moving, corner pinning, and wire and rig removal.
- Lens Blur Effects for Final Cut Pro X. Multiprocessor-accelerated lens blurring effects allow editors to match looks traditionally achieved by a camera lens aperture setting.
Versatile, High-Quality Glow Effects.
New to BCC 8 FxPlug, the BCC Film Glow filter offers precise threshold control, glow color control, individual X and Y glow width control for vertical or horizontal glows, and even individual glow scale for each color in the image. The filter also provides several useful built-in tools:
- Blend Modes which determine how the glow composites with the image
- PixelChooser for confining the glow source to a specified area of the frame
- Beat Reactor for audio-driven glow effects
- Motion Tracking to track a glow with a PixelChooser-determined region
- Auto-animated, randomized flicker option for the intensity and threshold controls
Other all-new BCC 8 FxPlug filters include:
- BCC Flicker Fixer: repairs video affected by flickering light or uneven shutter exposure.
- BCC Lens Flare 3D: leverages GPU acceleration to create cinematic looks, stylish broadcast design elements, and beautiful transitions.
- BCC Particle Emitter 3D: gives 3D broadcast designers the ultimate particle machine, providing an incredibly powerful, flexible, and OpenGL-accelerated particle system.
- BCC Organic Strands: emulates flowing strands of matter, glowing plasma, or hundreds of other creative options to enhance broadcast graphics.
- BCC Wild Cards: provides an easy-to-use particle-based filter for building complex designs of 2D images in 3D space.
- BCC Stage Light: simulates production lights, projectors, or stage lighting. This powerful volumetric lighting tool adds striking realism to 3D composites.
Pricing and Availability
Boris Continuum Complete 8 FxPlug for Final Cut Pro 7 is immediately available through the Boris FX worldwide reseller channel and direct from the Boris FX website for an MSRP of $995 USD. Owners of previous versions of BCC FxPlug may upgrade for an MSRP of $295 USD. A free 14-day Trial Version is available from the Boris FX website at www.borisfx.com. In addition, a public beta of BCC 8 FxPlug for Final Cut Pro X and Motion 5 is available for immediate download from the Boris FX web site at www.borisfx.com.