Exchange Keyframe Animation with Adobe After Effects, New 3D Objects, Painting, and Image Restoration Filters
Marlborough MA - June 9, 2009 - Boris FX, the leading developer of integrated effects technology for video and film, announced that a public beta of Boris Continuum Complete 6 AVX (BCC 6 AVX) for Avid editing and finishing systems is now available.
BCC 6 AVX brings nearly 200 filters to Avid Media Composer, Avid NewsCutter, and Avid Symphony. The new release features 15 new filters including Extruded Text, Extruded Spline, Layer Deformer, Cartoon Look, Lightning, and Swish Pan. In addition, BCC 6 AVX delivers unique workflow enhancements such as the ability to animate a BCC filter in Adobe After Effects and transfer the animation to the Avid timeline - while preserving After Effects keyframes.
New BCC 6 AVX Feature Highlights
- 15 New Filters range from realistic 3D vector graphics extrusions to painting and image restoration. The new 3D Objects category includes Extruded Text, Extruded EPS, Extruded Spline, Type-On Text, and Layer Deformer. New image restoration filters include DV Fixer, Smooth Tone, and Pixel Fixer. New image painting filters consist of Charcoal Sketch, Pencil Sketch, Water Color, and Cartoon Look. New OpenGL filters include Lightning and Tile Mosaic. A new Swish Pan transition filter is also included.
- Custom Animated Presets . This unique feature lets users save and re-use every parameter animation in every BCC filter - even across host applications and platforms. For the first time, Avid users may animate a BCC filter in Adobe After Effects and transfer the animation to the Avid timeline while preserving After Effects keyframes. BCC 6 AVX includes 1000+ factory-installed animated presets. Animated presets are now saved in industry-standard XML format and can be edited by any XML-compliant text editor.
- Single-Click Custom Preset Navigation Tool lets users easily browse presets without opening a pop-up window. Presets are immediately applied and the host preview window is automatically updated to reflect the selected preset.
- Built-In Motion Tracker Enhancements are found in almost every filter. Users may now save motion tracker data from one filter and load the saved data in another filter.
- Significant Performance Gains . Every filter is either OpenGL-based or multiprocessor-accelerated for ultimate rendering speed on modern computing and graphics platforms.
Pricing and Availability
The public beta of Boris Continuum Complete 6 AVX is available for immediate download from the Boris FX web site at www.borisfx.com . Macintosh and Windows versions are available.
Boris Continuum Complete 6 AVX is scheduled for release in late-June 2009 for an MSRP of $1,995 USD. Owners of previous versions of Boris Continuum Complete AVX will be able to upgrade for an MSRP of $599 USD. Customers who buy Boris Continuum Complete 5 AVX now will receive a free upgrade to Boris Continuum Complete 6 AVX when it is available.
About Boris FX
Founded in 1995, Boris FX is the leading developer of integrated graphics and effects technology, delivering 3D compositing and vector graphic products for the broadcast, post production, film and multimedia markets. Boris products have grown to serve over 200,000 artists worldwide. The company's success lies in its ability to tightly integrate and leverage technologies through strong partnerships with industry-leading manufacturers such as Adobe, Apple, Autodesk, Avid, Grass Valley, Media 100, and Sony.