New 64-bit Release Supports Avid Media Composer v6, Symphony v6, and NewsCutter v10
Boston MA - November 15, 2011 - Boris FX, the leading developer of integrated VFX and workflow technology for video and film, today announced that Boris Continuum Complete 8 AVX (BCC 8 AVX) is now available. BCC 8 AVX delivers 200+ comprehensive VFX and compositing filters to Avid Media Composer, NewsCutter, and Symphony. Flicker Remover and Videoscope tools, integrated Beat Reactor technology for audio-driven effect animation, a new Film Glow filter, and support for 64-bit operating systems headline the Version 8 release.
BCC AVX gives Avid editors the most comprehensive VFX and compositing plug-in suite ever created. A whopping 200+ filters include 3D Objects such as Extruded Text, 3D particle effects, image restoration tools, lens flares and lights, award-winning chroma keying and compositing, a full suite of color correction tools, time-based effects such as Optical Stabilizer, warp and perspective effects, and blurs, glows, and cinematic effects. All BCC AVX filters take advantage of either multi-processing or OpenGL hardware acceleration for an interactive effects design experience.
Over 1,000 professionally-designed presets are included free with every installation of BCC. Customers can save and freely share their own presets and build customized preset collections tuned to the specific needs of a project - without the need for a costly subscription service. Presets can be shared with matching BCC installations on any host application in which BCC is installed. In addition, via the Boris Transfer workflow utilities, BCC is the only plug-in set that allows easy VFX migration between Avid, Adobe, and Apple editing software - with parameters and keyframed information intact. Boris Transfer AE transfers Avid or Final Cut Pro sequences to After Effects while Boris Transfer FCP transfers sequences between Avid and Final Cut Pro.
Boris Continuum Complete 8 AVX New Feature Highlights
- BCC Videoscope checks color levels at any stage of an Avid project, ensuring broadcast-legal colors of the final output or any individual element in the project.
- BCC Film Glow creates the soft feel of exposed film.
- BCC Flicker Fixer repairs video affected by flickering light or uneven shutter exposure.
- Beat Reactor Technology is now built into many BCC AVX filters, making it easy to generate audio-driven effects such as a pulsing light, a glow, or even an image wipe that follows along with the beat of an audio track.
The following new features will be available to BCC 8 AVX customers via a forthcoming free software update:
- BCC Stage Light simulates production lights, projectors, or stage lighting.
- BCC Lens Flare 3D creates cinematic looks and stylish broadcast design elements.
- BCC Particle Emitter 3D provides a powerful, OpenGL-accelerated particle system.
- BCC Organic Strands emulates flowing strands of matter, glowing plasma, and more.
- BCC Wild Cards allows editors to build complex designs of 2D images in 3D space.
Pricing and Availability
BCC 8 AVX is available immediately through the Boris FX worldwide reseller channel and direct from the Boris FX web site at www.borisfx.com for an introductory MSRP of $995 USD. The regular MSRP will be $1,995 USD. Owners of previous versions of BCC AVX may upgrade for an introductory MSRP of $295 USD. The regular upgrade MSRP will be $599 USD. A free 14-day trial version is available from www.borisfx.com
About Boris FX
Founded in 1995, Boris FX is a leading developer of VFX, compositing, titling, video editing, and workflow tools for broadcast, post-production, and film professionals. Boris FX products have grown to serve over a million artists worldwide. The company's success lies in its ability to tightly integrate and leverage technologies through strong partnerships with Adobe, Apple, Autodesk, Avid, Grass Valley, Nexidia, Sony, and other leading developers of video editing software.