180+ comprehensive filters for Avid's high-resolution conform, compositing, and graphics solution
Marlborough MA - October 25, 2010 - Boris FX, the leading developer of integrated effects technology for video and film, today announced that Boris Continuum Complete 7 AVX for Avid DS (BCC 7 AVX for DS) is now available. BCC 7 AVX for DS brings over 180 filters to Avid DS. New features include a video noise reduction tool, a new OpenGL particle engine, new on-screen overlay control widgets for streamlined workflow, and support for Boris AAF Transfer.
"BCC AVX for Avid DS allows Avid DS users to conform offline and online Avid Media Composer and Symphony sequences with AVX 2.0-based BCC effects," commented Boris Yamnitsky, president and founder, Boris FX. "In addition, Apple Final Cut Pro sequences with BCC effects can now be transferred to Avid DS using the new Boris AAF Transfer plug-in for Final Cut Pro."
"Until we had Boris Continuum Complete AVX for Avid DS, the onlines were becoming more and more difficult to achieve," commented Tony Quinsee-Jover, owner, HD Heaven. "With BCC AVX for DS, all offline BCC effects are contained within the AFE and conform completely with all animated parameters correctly set. This is an enormous boon for us. Now, we couldn't imagine conforming and onlining a show without our armory of BCC effects at hand. It means that we can spend more time grading and perfecting other aspects of the show instead of wasting time recreating effects that have already been determined."
Boris Continuum Complete 7 AVX for Avid DS New Feature Highlights
- BCC Noise Reduction smoothes out video noise using spatial and temporal information derived from the video clip - especially in dark areas of an image.
- BCC Particle Array 3D creates a grid of particles oriented in 3D space.
- BCC Pin Art 3D creates a pin board look based on a layer image.
- BCC Lens Blur emulates a popular lens blur or rack defocus effect where out-of-focus highlights of an image clip take on the shape of the lens shutter. The filter includes a gradient map layer to control the depth of focus.
- BCC Lens Shape is a designer effect similar to a rack defocus effect where the shape of the bokeh can be imported from an external layer.
- BCC Lens Transition is a wipe filter that applies a lens blur or rack defocus effect to the specular highlights of outgoing and incoming image clips.
- Compare Mode. Added to over one-third of BCC 7 AVX for DS filters, Compare Mode is a convenient tool that enables users to compare the filtered result with the unfiltered source via either a side-by-side view or a live split-screen view. In the side-by-side view, users can view the unfiltered and filtered image result in the preview window as changes are made to the image. In the split-screen view, users can drag the wipe bar anywhere across the image to compare the filtered result with the unfiltered source at any zoom level. Additionally, the Compare Mode feature includes the unique ability to view the filtered result with a live filtered layer in the timeline.
- On-Screen Overlay Control Widgets . The most commonly-used parameters in each BCC AVX for DS filter are now accessible via Avid-native on-screen overlay widgets, each with dynamic parameter value displays that update automatically as the widget is adjusted. Color-coded and easy to use, the new widgets allow parameter adjustments while the editor's eye remains focused on the image.
- Performance Gains . The new BCC Pin Art 3D and BCC Particle Array 3D filters integrate a new particle engine that is OpenGL-accelerated. All BCC 7 AVX for DS filters take advantage of either multi-processing or OpenGL hardware acceleration to deliver an interactive effects design experience.
- Avid Media Composer and Symphony Compatibility . BCC 7 AVX for DS filters are fully compatible with BCC 6 AVX or BCC 7 AVX effects when sequences are conformed from Avid Media Composer or Symphony projects to Avid DS.
- Boris AAF Transfer Support . BCC 7 AVX for DS is supported by Boris AAF Transfer, a new plug-in that facilitates seamless transfer of Final Cut Pro sequences with BCC 7 FxPlug filters to Avid DS or Avid Media Composer. BCC 7 FxPlug filters are translated to corresponding BCC 7 AVX for DS filters - including keyframed changes.
Pricing and Availability
Boris Continuum Complete 7 AVX for Avid DS is available immediately through the Boris FX worldwide reseller channel and direct through the Boris FX web site at www.borisfx.com for an MSRP of $2,495 USD. BCC 7 AVX for DS is a free upgrade for BCC 6 AVX for DS users. Owners of previous versions of BCC AVX for DS may upgrade for an MSRP of $599 USD.
About Boris FX
Founded in 1995, Boris FX is the leading developer of integrated graphics and effects technology, delivering 3D compositing and vector graphic products for broadcast, post-production, film, and multimedia. Boris products have grown to serve millions of artists worldwide. The company's success lies in its ability to integrate and leverage technologies through strong partnerships with industry-leading developers such as Adobe, Apple, Autodesk, Avid, Grass Valley, and Sony.