Boris Continuum Complete 10.0.1 is an important update for Adobe After Effects & Premiere Pro users and includes significant feature enhancements and many bug fixes.
This is a free update for all owners of BCC 10 for Adobe.
Point Release Highlights
- FX Browser playback performance optimization in the 3D Objects category.
- Support for OpenCL optimization on older Mac laptops with NVIDIA graphics.
- Enhanced reliability across all OpenCL optimized effects.
- Hide Disabled Parameters added to Preferences to control whether disabled params are completely hidden.
- Numerous bug fixes.
- Filter Enhancements:
- BCC Beauty Studio - OpenCL refinements yielding additional 1.3x - 2x performance improvement.
- BCC Light Leaks Dissolve - 45 new presets.
- 3D Objects Category - New Constant Scale option allowing greater control over bevels as Extrusion Depth changes.
- Fast Film Glow - New Avoid Clipping control to enable glows to expand past image boundaries without clipping along the edges.
Title Studio Enhancements:
- Render performance optimization - e.g. Credit Rolls render up to 1.5x faster.
- Many new text animation and countdown templates.
- Support for tab stops in imported RTF text files.
- Extrusion Styles now scale with text point size for easy workflow.
- More accurate Motion Blur.
- Presets arranged thematically in subfolders for easier navigation.
- New Countdown generator for simple countdown animations.
- New Fixed Width option in Numbers generator for stable animation.
- Improved Preview To RAM feature.
- Improved Cinema 4D format support.
- mocha performance optimization on Mac - mask rendering speed improved 1.4x.
- mocha improvements to trimmed clip handling in AE and Premiere.
- New OpenCL optimized edge-preserving PreSmoothing option in the PixelChooser Matte group to enable creating cleaner HSL isolations and Luma/Channel mattes.
- HSL Key - Full OpenCL acceleration yielding 2-2.5x improvement in key rendering performance.
- HSL Key - Improved quality (less noisy) in regions with low saturation.
- HUD overlay widgets for Egg Shape masks.
In the brief tutorial below, Vin Morreale shows Premiere Pro users how to quickly apply and tweak callouts.