Oct 6, 2014. In the newly released After Effects CC 2014.1 (13.1) update, mocha AE has been updated to mocha AE CC 2014 (version 4.0.1). This is a major version update that includes compatibility with mocha Pro 4 and mocha Plus 4 project files.
Here’s a brief summary of what’s new in mocha AE CC 2014:
- New project-based structure: Project settings in mocha AE can now be modified independently from the clip used to create the project. Choose File > Project Settings to modify the project settings. You can also now open a project file to view a layer’s content without relinking clips.
- Anchor point removed from Adobe After Effects Transform Data: To reduce confusion about how to use the tracking results, mocha AE no longer exports anchor point data. If your intent is to stabilize instead of matching motion, enable the Invert option in the Export Tracking Data dialog box.
- Keyboard shortcut customization: Keyboard shortcuts can now be customized for almost every tool, action and menu item in mocha AE.
- Streamlined, high-DPI interface: The mocha AE interface has been updated to streamline the workflow, reduce interface clutter, and take advantage of Apple Retina displays on Mac OS X.
- RED Dragon import: RED Dragon 6K footage can now be used in mocha AE.
- Linear Controls behavior enhancements: When Linear Controls is enabled in Preferences > System, dragging anywhere inside a parameter’s value field will change the value. Previously, this only worked when dragging over the number in the field. While dragging, you can now hold the Shift key to increase mouse sensitivity or hold the Command (Mac OS) or Control (Windows) key to decrease the mouse sensitivity.
- Edge width subtraction: The Edge Properties panel now has buttons to both Subtract (-) or Add (+) edge width.
To see the difference between the Adobe bundled mocha AE and other mocha products, please check the compare chart.