New 3.1 Versions of mocha Pro and mocha AE Improve Lens Distortion Workflow; Adds New Support for ASSIMILATE SCRATCH v7 and HitFilm 2 Ultimate
Imagineer Systems today announced it has launched mocha v3.1, with an improved lens distortion workflow that allow users to easily analyze, calibrate and remove camera lens distortion for advanced effects compositing tasks.mocha v3.1 also includes new support for RED (R3D) files, ASSIMILATE SCRATCH 7 and HitFilm 2 Ultimate.
What’s New in mocha AE v3.1
mocha AE v3.1 strengthens its toolset with a workflow for handling lens distorted footage and format support enhancements including:
- A new Lens Module for analyzing and calibrating clips;
- New mocha Lens plug-in for After Effects users, enabling artists to paste lens data directly to the After Effects timeline to distort or undistort layers. mocha Lens is a free plug-in and works with Adobe CS4-CS6.
- RED (R3D) file support;
- Ability to export color roto shapes to mocha shape for AE plug-in.
- 3D Camera Export to HitFilm 2 Ultimate from FXhome. watch the video
What’s New in mocha Pro v3.1
The development team at Imagineer has invested significant time and resources, working directly with customers, to enhance the mocha Pro workflow, and to ensure it integrates easily with the tools and platforms they use everyday. New features in mocha Pro v3.1 include:
- Greatly improved Lens Module;
- Ability to import and use External Distortion Maps in all mocha Pro modules;
- Ability to export rasterized Distortion Maps for Nuke, Fusion, Flame and more.
- Support for export to new mocha Lens plug-in for After Effects.
- 3D Camera export to HitFilm2 from FXhome
- RED (R3D) file support
- Export colored roto shapes directly to Nuke and After Effects (or render externally)
- Seamlessly export Planar Tracking data to Assimilate SCRATCH v7 watch video
With the new mocha Pro v3.1Imagineer greatly improves the Lens Module with enhanced calibration performance and new import/export handling of Distortion Maps allowing for lens distortion exchange with industry popular VFX applications, including Nuke, After Effects, Flame and Fusion.
Of significance in mocha Pro v3.1 is the new Planar Tracking data export capability for ASSIMILATE SCRATCH 7. With this new feature, mocha Pro now offers new support and a process for SCRATCH users to import planar tracking data for transform, scale, rotation and corner pin perspective. With this new workflow, artists can handle the most difficult motion tracking shots for screen inserts, match moves, set extensions and image stabilization.
“Together, SCRATCH and mocha Pro are the perfect combination for delivering highest quality, effects driven content. For years SCRATCH artists have asked for the ability to access mocha’s powerful planar tracking data within SCRATCH. We are very pleased to be working with the team at ASSIMILATE to help deliver this useful new feature to the users,” said Ross Shain, chief marketing officer, Imagineer Systems.