Boston, MA, USA – March 24, 2015 - Boris FX™, the leading developer in VFX and workflow solutions for film and video, and Imagineer Systems, the Academy Award-winning developer of mocha® Planar Tracking tools, will be previewing the newest versions of flagship products, Boris Continuum Complete and mocha Pro, at the National Association of Broadcasters (NAB) Show, April 13-16, 2015 in Las Vegas, Nevada, USA, booth SL4225. NAB 2015 will mark the public debut of integrated technology following the recent strategic merger between Boris FX and Imagineer Systems.
“Following the successful merger, we will preview the work of our combined development teams,” explains Boris Yamnitsky, founder and CEO, Boris FX. “By incorporating mocha’s powerful planar tracking directly into Continuum Complete and also giving mocha Pro the ability to launch as a plug-in, we’ll bring more advanced visual effects tools directly to hosts such as Avid Media Composer, Adobe Premiere, and Blackmagic DaVinci Resolve.” Yamnitsky continues, “Beyond the mocha integration, we will be showcasing many new product features including: BCC Title Studio, a new creative tool built to design and animate 3D titles and motion graphics, and BCC Beauty Studio, a new digital makeup tool for skin smoothing and removing blemishes – all based on shared technology between Boris FX and Imagineer Systems.”
Following the NAB technology previews, any purchases of BCC or mocha Pro made after March 25, 2015 will receive free upgrades to the next major versions which will ship later this year.
Boris Continuum Complete (BCC)
Boris Continuum Complete gives editors, motion graphic artists, and post-production facilities the most comprehensive VFX plug-in suite ever created. The expansive 200+ filter collection is ubiquitous among Avid editors and Adobe Creative Cloud users. It includes 3D titling; image restoration tools; lens flares, glows, and lights; keys and mattes; warp and perspective effects; and cinematic effects. All filters take advantage of either OpenCL, NVIDIA CUDA, multi-threading or OpenGL hardware acceleration for a streamlined design experience.
Building upon the success of version 9, the soon-to-be-released Boris Continuum Complete 10 offers greater integration with mocha, new 3D titling tools, import of Cinema 4D models, new image restoration filters, new transitions, and added host support.
BCC 10 New Feature Highlights:
- Integrated mocha Planar Tracking: BCC 10’s Pixel Chooser is now powered by mocha planar tracking for motion tracking of spline masks and screen inserts.
- Title Studio: New advanced 2D and 3D broadcast titling & motion graphics creation tool with OpenGL-accelerated extrusions, particles, materials, reflections, environment maps, lights and flares, support for imported Maxon Cinema 4D files, and more.
- Beauty Studio: New skin smoothing algorithm for digital makeup, designed to reduce blemishes and improve an actor’s appearance. This tool is driven by exclusive mocha planar tracking and rotoscoping.
- Dropout Fixer & Object Remove: New plug-ins designed to automatically fill in missing pixels, remove objects, and fix footage.
- New Transitions: Cross Melt, Cross Zoom, Film Roll.
- Support for Adobe CC 2015
- New Effects: Glitch, Light Leak, Tilt Shift.
- New Host Support: BCC for The Foundry’s NUKE, Blackmagic Fusion, and Quantel Q systems coming soon.
mocha is the award-winning tracking and VFX software developed by Imagineer Systems. Built upon the renowned Planar Tracking image engine, mocha follows “pixel patterns” through the most difficult conditions including objects that go off-screen, objects that are partially obscured, and even out of focus footage.
mocha Pro 5 New Feature Highlights:
- mocha plug-in: New ability to launch mocha Pro directly from the host application timeline. Includes Avid AVX, Adobe After Effects & Premiere, and OFX host support.
- New Effects Panel with integrated tools for keying, grain generation, sharpening, skin smoothing, and more.
- New tools to improve mocha Pro’s planar tracking, rotoscoping, and object removal features.
- Python Module: Now Python scripting is fully exposed to provide deep scripting integration for VFX studio pipeline customization.
- New Exports: New export formats include Silhouette project support and improved Blackmagic Fusion support.
“mocha Pro 5 addresses key feature requests that our users have asked for,” comments Ross Shain, Chief Marketing Officer of Boris FX/Imagineer. “For years users have looked for tighter mocha integration with their host timeline and media. With the new ability to launch directly as a plug-in, we are providing a much smoother experience for Avid, Premiere, and Resolve users, as well as our core base of After Effects and NUKE artists. Additionally the new effects filters built in collaboration with Boris FX bring indispensable features directly to mocha Pro such as an integrated keyer that will improve roto-masking and sharpen and grain tools that improve the already powerful object remove and image restoration capabilities.”
Boris FX and Imagineer Systems will demonstrate BCC 10 and mocha Pro 5 at NAB 2015 (April 13-16, Las Vegas, NV, USA), Booth SL4225. To view the special guest presenter lineup, visit: http://www.imagineersystems.com/event/nab/
To make a press appointment at NAB, contact Jessie Electa Petrov, Director of Marketing, email@example.com or call 617-451-9900.
About Boris FX
Founded in 1995, Boris FX is a leading developer of VFX, compositing, titling, video editing, and workflow tools for broadcast, post-production, and film professionals. Boris FX products have grown to serve over a million artists worldwide. The company’s success lies in its ability to tightly integrate and leverage technologies through strong partnerships with Adobe, Apple, Avid, Grass Valley, Nexidia, Sony, Quantel, and other leading developers of video editing software.
About Imagineer Systems
Imagineer Systems Ltd is the Academy Award-winning developer of visual effects solutions for film, video and broadcast post-production markets. Imagineer Systems has made its mark on such marquee Hollywood blockbuster productions as “The Hobbit,” “Black Swan” and the “Harry Potter” series. Imagineer’s desktop product line consists of mocha Pro™ – roto, planar tracking, compositing, and removal utility; mocha Plus™ – a planar tracking and roto utility designed for After Effects, Premiere and Final Cut Pro users. Imagineer Systems was founded in 2000 and its headquarters is located in Guildford, United Kingdom.