To Download and install:
Make sure you have one or more of the following OFX compatible host products on Linux:
Resolve 12.5 or greater Autodesk Flame 2017 or greater Nuke 11 or greater ToonBoom Harmony 12 or greater Fusion Studio 7 or greater Baselight 4.3 and 4.4 only
Quit any host applications that may be running.
If you previously installed an older version of Sapphire Plug-ins, the new installation will just replace it. You should not need to uninstall it first.
For Red Hat or similar: become root and use the rpm shell command to download (354MB) and run the installer:
rpm -Uvh https://cdn.borisfx.com/borisfx/store/sapphire-ofx/SapphireOFX-2020.530-1.0.x86_64.rpm for 64 bit
or download the RPM installer file and install it locally.
Restart your host product, and the new plug-ins should appear in your effects menu.
To view on-line documentation after you install the software, go to the RedHat or Ubuntu start menu and select GenArts Sapphire OFX -> Sapphire Online Help (HTML) or (PDF). You can also click on the “Help” button while using any plug-in.
This software may use the Qt user interface framework. Qt is distributed under the terms of the Lesser GNU Public License (LGPL), Version 2.1; see https://www.gnu.org/licenses/lgpl-2.1.html for more details. The source code for Qt is available here.
What’s New in Sapphire 2020.53
- Resolve: Fixed a crash when Sapphire is used on a Resolve with multiple GPUs.
- Sapphire on VMs: Prevent Sapphire from using virtual GPU RAM and crashing the VM.
- Windows Licensing: Performance improvement when using activation keys on Windows. This particularly affects thumbnail render speed in the Sapphire Preset Browser.
- Flame: Improve EdgeRays behavior with Show Rays.
- Mocha: Fixes potential crash in Nuke 12.2 on Linux.
- Mac OS and Logging: Fixed a bug that sometimes prevented s_log from being written on Mac OS.
- Nuke: Fixed a crash when deleting a Sapphire node, then undoing the delete.
- Licensing: Add support for bfxsuite subscription license.