The installer below is for use with all AE compatible products including After Effects and Premiere Pro.
To Download and install:
- Make sure you have one or more AE plug-in compatible applications on a Mac with an Intel CPU and MacOS 10.12 or greater.
- If you have an older version of Sapphire Plug-ins, the new installation will replace it, and you do not need to un-install it first.
- Quit AE or other host applications that may be running.
- Download the installer.
- Run the installer. When it asks for your passphrase, enter your macOS user login password, and follow the instructions given by the installer.
- Restart your host product, and the new plug-ins should appear in your effects menu.
To view on-line documentation after you install the software, go to the /Applications/GenArtsSapphireAE folder and double click on Online Help.html or Online Help.pdf. You can also click on the “About” box while using any plug-in.
In general, you can load projects saved with older Sapphire effects and they should automatically convert to use Sapphire v13. Please visit the support page for more info on this.
If you already installed Sapphire v13 and want to go back to an older version you should first uninstall v13.
This software may use the Qt user interface framework. Qt is distributed under the terms of the Lesser GNU Public License (LGPL), Version 2.1; see https://www.gnu.org/licenses/lgpl-2.1.html for more details. The source code for Qt is available here.
What’s New in Sapphire 2020.53
- Sapphire on VMs: Prevent Sapphire from using virtual GPU RAM and crashing the VM.
- Preset Browser and Builder: Improved preview behavior with certain presets and Effects.
- Windows Licensing: Performance improvement when using activation keys on Windows. This particularly affects thumbnail render speed in the Sapphire Preset Browser.
- Mocha: Adds AE timecode to Mocha timeline.
- Mac OS and Logging: Fixed a bug that sometimes prevented s_log from being written on Mac OS.
- Licensing: Add support for bfxsuite subscription license.