Note: Before updating to v7.02 or later, please refer to the release notes for possible compatibility implications with the effect formerly known as Technicolor. See ‘What's New’ below for details.
The installer below is for use with all AE compatible products including After Effects and Premiere Pro.
For Fusion, please use the OFX version instead.
To Download and install:
- Make sure you have one or more AE plug-in compatible applications on Windows.
- If you have an older version of Sapphire Plug-ins, the new installation will replace it, and you do not need to un-install it first.
- Quit AE or other host applications that may be running.
- Download the Windows installer.
- Either run the installer program from its current location, or save it to disk and then execute it from wherever you saved it. Follow the instructions given by the installer.
- Restart your host application, and the new plug-ins should appear in your effects menu.
To view on-line documentation after you install the software, go to Start -> All Programs -> GenArts Sapphire AE -> Online Help (HTML) or (PDF). You can also click on the “About” box while using any plug-in.
In general, you can load projects saved with older versions of Sapphire effects and they should automatically convert to use Sapphire v12. Please visit the support page for more info on this.
If you already installed Sapphire v12 and want to go back to an earlier version you should first uninstall v12.
This software may use the Qt user interface framework. Qt is distributed under the terms of the Lesser GNU Public License (LGPL), Version 2.1; see https://www.gnu.org/licenses/lgpl-2.1.html for more details. The source code for Qt is available here.
What's New In Sapphire 2019.53:
- Premiere: Fixed a spurious warning when Sapphire is applied to certrain frame rates.
- Windows: Fixed the cancel button in the “Plugin is starting the
- ParallaxStrips: Fixed a crash with certain parameter values when running on the GPU.
- EdgeRays: Fixed a crash when “Rays Res” is set to anything other than Full.
- Mocha on macOS: To close Mocha, press command-q shortcut key or select Quit from File menu.
- Effect Builder: Fixed the “Show Checkerboard” setting.
- Mac OS: Fixed a bug where the “Deactivate License” dialog wasn't showing up during uninstall on Mac OS 10.13 and 10.14.
- Mac OS: Fixed a warning that the certificate has expired during install.
- Licensing: Improved license activation and deactivation where licensing one machine would deactivate another on certain network configurations.
- Preset Browser: Improve response time when the “Static Thumbnail” checkbox is changed (in S_Effect and S_LemsFlare).
- Flare Designer, Preset Browser, and Effect Builder: Improve timeline behavior.
- Flare Designer, Preset Browser, and Effect Builder: Remove Show/Hide Menu.
- Flare Designer and Effect Builder: Fixed the save button.
What's New In Sapphire 2019.52:
- Removed a one-pixel wide black border in the preview panes for the Sapphire Preset Browser.