To Download and install:
- Make sure you have one or more of the following Avid products:
|Media Composer||2.0 or greater|
|Symphony||1.0 or greater|
|Xpress Pro||5.0 or greater|
- Make sure you are running Mac OS X 10.8 or greater.
- Quit your Avid software if it is running. If you have an older version of Sapphire v6 or v7 or v8 or v9 or v10 you do not need to un-install it. The new installation will just replace it without removing any existing serial number.
- Download and run the installer.
Follow the instructions given by the installer. When it asks for your username and password, just enter your Mac user login password.
Sapphire v11 should load all old sequences saved with older Sapphire versions, including v1 - v10.
Sapphire 11 is an AVX2 plug-in. Avid has deprecated support for the old AVX1 interface, but AVX2 plug-ins can read old sequences saved with AVX1 plug-ins.
When you restart your Avid software, the new version v10 plug-ins should appear in the Effect Palette in the Sapphire categories. You can simply use these effects just as you would any other effect.
For on-line help installed locally on your workstation, go to the Applications folder, double click on GenArtsSapphireAVX and select the online documentation. A “Help” dialog is also provided when using a plug-in, which gives information about that plug-in currently being used.
This software may use the Qt user interface framework. Qt is distributed under the terms of the Lesser GNU Public License (LGPL), Version 2.1; see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/lgpl-2.1.html for more details. The source code for Qt is available [here] (https://cdn.borisfx.com/borisfx/store/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.7.2.tar.gz).
What’s New in Sapphire 11.02 for Avid
- Sapphire has been updated to address the crash on Mac when multiple dongles are plugged in during boot. Please contact support using the support form if you experience this crash. When submitting your case, include your license, dongle ID, host product, Sapphire version, and your Apple crash log.
- LensFlare presets will now sort correctly by creation date.
- Fixed the link in version-update.
- Fixed scaling of complex widgets when downsampled.