Subject: Sony Vegas Pro will not update filter list.
Issue: Sony Vegas Pro won’t update filter list to reflect newly installed BCC effects, requiring you to manually clear the effects cache.
Cause: This is a known problem with the BCC/RED installers for Sony Vegas and will be resolved at some point in the future.
Steps to work around the issue:
- Uninstall BCC for Sony Vegas.
- Show hidden files if they aren’t already on your system. For instructions on how to do this click over to https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14201/windows-show-hidden-files
- Open “My Computer”
- Open “Users”
- Open the folder labeled with your username.
- Open “AppData”
- Open “Local”
- Open “Sony”
- Open “Vegas Pro”
- Open the folder labeled with your version of Sony Vegas
- Locate and delete the file called “svfx_plugin_cache.bin”
- Reinstall BCC for Sony Vegas
For further questions/information please contact Technical Support at: https://borisfx.com/support/open-a-case/