The BCC Glow Matte filter is similar to the BCC Colorize Glow filter, except
that it outputs an alpha channel instead of colors. This filter is useful for
making semi-abstract mattes based on a glow of any channel in the original
The Filter allows users to select the channel in the source image from which
the glow is derived. Pixels with higher values in the selected channel are
considered to have higher intensities.
- Luma, Red, Green, and **Blue **use the corresponding color channel and multiply it by the source alpha channel.
- Luma Inverse uses the inverted luma channel.
- Unmultiplied Luma and **Alpha **use the unmodified corresponding source channels.
- Luma Cartoon Edges and Alpha Cartoon Edges find edges in the corresponding source channel, apply outlines to the edges, and use the resulting image. When Luma Cartoon Edges or Alpha Cartoon Edges is selected, all the Source Edges parameters apply.
- Luma Edges and _Al_pha Edges find edges in the corresponding source channel and use the resulting image. When Luma Edges or Alpha Edges is selected, all the **Source Edges **parameters apply.
The built in PixelChooser, with integrated mocha planar tracking allows for
greater control over which areas of the image the filter should affect.
To learn more about this filter, and see a breakdown of the various controls,
please click here.