The installer below is for use with all AE compatible products including After Effects and Premiere Pro.
To Download and install:
- Make sure you have one or more AE plug-in compatible applications on a Mac with an Intel CPU and MacOS 10.13 or greater on an m1 Mac with MacOS 11.
- If you have an older version of Sapphire Plug-ins, the new installation will replace it, and you do not need to un-install it first.
- Quit AE or other host applications that may be running.
- Download the installer.
- Run the installer. When it asks for your passphrase, enter your macOS user login password, and follow the instructions given by the installer.
- Restart your host product, and the new plug-ins should appear in your effects menu.
To view on-line documentation after you install the software, go to the /Applications/GenArtsSapphireAE folder and double click on Online Help.html or Online Help.pdf. You can also click on the “About” box while using any plug-in.
In general, you can load projects saved with older Sapphire effects and they should automatically convert to use Sapphire v14.5. Please visit the support page for more info on this.
If you already installed Sapphire v14.5 and want to go back to an older version you should first uninstall v14.5.
This software may use the Qt user interface framework. Qt is distributed under the terms of the Lesser GNU Public License (LGPL), Version 2.1; see https://www.gnu.org/licenses/lgpl-2.1.html for more details. The source code for Qt is available here
What’s New in Sapphire 2021.5
Support for new After Effects Multi-Frame Rendering pipeline on most Sapphire Effects.
Native support for Mac M1 machines in Premiere Beta.
Improved Rays and EdgeRays: These effects now have parameters allowing the rays to be blurred before they are combined with the background.
Performance Improvements and Bug Fixes in Preset Browser, Sapphire Effect Builder, and Flare Designer.
LensFlare: Improved flare consistency between thumbnails and the Flare Designer.
Improved Mocha: Improved Dope Sheet.